Topic Title: Fillable PDF certs
Topic Summary:
Created On: 24 September 2012 09:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 26 September 2012 11:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

rutts

Just seen it. Don't worry bout it mate. Just get some good use out of em.
 27 September 2012 10:51 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Rulland

Well Adobe allowed me to set up an account and download CS3 this morning, no messing, using exactly the same details as I was trying to use yesterday!, flippin' interwebby!............

-------------------------
Those who make no mistakes do very little work!!......
 02 October 2012 05:06 PM

BigRed

Rutts, if you ever go to a meet that i'm at, you will be well beered...
 12 October 2012 06:50 AM

mossep

Hi,

Just seen this thread and got to say a big thank you!

Supurb work.

This is seriously tempting me to bin my tysoft software.

www.mossep.com
 12 October 2012 06:55 AM

mossep

It still irks me that Tysoft do not add the relevent regulation number to the items listed in the schedule of items inspected! When I asked them why not they said that its not on the NICEIC forms they copied from .....grrrr

www.mossep.com
 12 October 2012 12:41 PM

robuck

Thanks for this should make life easier.

Rod
 12 October 2012 10:11 PM

patt2

Excellent , a lot of work gone into this, thank you.
 17 October 2012 02:15 PM

MAXMIRA

Hi Rutts,

Excellent work it's great the work you've put in to achieve this.

I'm going to be really cheeky and ask you how it is possible for me to modify the documents.

I work in a design house and we often have to send out the certificates with a separate box for the designer to sign would this be an easy thing for me to add.

Thanks,
Dave
 17 October 2012 03:44 PM

rutts

Hi Dave,

Livecycle designer is the program used to create and modify them. I believe, if it's only a small change you are making, that you can download a trial version for free. If you look some of the other posters have done this to add business headers, etc.
 17 October 2012 04:20 PM

Zs

I have been running these through their paces over the past couple of weeks for Rutts. We have the most bizarre text exchange. doing some now as it happens.

They are, without a shadow of doubt better than T***ft and as you would expect, considerably better than the IET downloadables.

These are certificates for real electricians who understand their own numbers. They behave just like a spread sheet so some of the functions from spread sheets apply. The more I use them the more clever I see they are. There is no auto calculation so, if your Zs does not actually equal Ze + R1+R2, then you can still write it in and not have to jump through hoops. If you don't know what max Zs is then go away and learn about it because these are not going to spoon feed you things which you should know. Proper certs for proper testers.

Give yourself some time for the first set and play with the buttons and functions and zoom. Do your first set on a large zoom. make sure you have blue and black ink topped up and away you go. These are already my preferred certificates and I have a choice of four.

Thank you Rutts. I think you'd be able to sell these on the normal market or perhaps the IET would be interested in your skills.

Zs
 17 October 2012 10:13 PM

savcab

Downloaded these and going to try them out. Downloaded livecycle to add our logo and take out the napit box. Thanks to the OP for all there hard work.
 17 October 2012 10:58 PM

rutts

Savcab. I thought I'd put a NAPIT free version on here? Also if you hover your pointer on the top of the certs and where the NAPIT box used to be there are boxes to add your own logo and, should you require it, scheme membership logo. Obviously I know this doesn't suit everyone but they're are there. It should all be in the read me on the first post. Apologies if you've read it already.
 18 October 2012 12:14 PM

rutts

Originally posted by: Zs

I have been running these through their paces over the past couple of weeks for Rutts. We have the most bizarre text exchange. doing some now as it happens.

They are, without a shadow of doubt better than T***ft and as you would expect, considerably better than the IET downloadables.

These are certificates for real electricians who understand their own numbers. They behave just like a spread sheet so some of the functions from spread sheets apply. The more I use them the more clever I see they are. There is no auto calculation so, if your Zs does not actually equal Ze + R1+R2, then you can still write it in and not have to jump through hoops. If you don't know what max Zs is then go away and learn about it because these are not going to spoon feed you things which you should know. Proper certs for proper testers.

Give yourself some time for the first set and play with the buttons and functions and zoom. Do your first set on a large zoom. make sure you have blue and black ink topped up and away you go. These are already my preferred certificates and I have a choice of four.

Thank you Rutts. I think you'd be able to sell these on the normal market or perhaps the IET would be interested in your skills.

Zs

Don't forget although these are printable one of the reasons I created them was to move away from printing certs. Printing them with Primo as an electronic file (or whatever your preferred software is) saves ink, paper, postage and time. Sending them electronically automatically gives you a date and time stamp in your sent e-mail folder. Plus you don't have to have mountains of paperwork stored away in filling cabinets.
 21 October 2012 09:18 PM

savcab

Just back on and managed to get the napit free one and add logos.playing around with it after todays work

edit to add on EIC cert page 3 the drop down boxes have a tick and a n/a i cant enter an x for a fail on my drop down menu

thanks again for all your efforts. ;-)

Edited: 21 October 2012 at 10:35 PM by savcab
 22 October 2012 09:44 AM

rutts

The certs are based on the BGB. On the schedule of inspections there is no longer a cross or a LIM. On a Schedule of inspections for new installation work it should only be a N/A or a tick.

Unless you're installing work that won't pass an EICR.
 22 October 2012 05:17 PM

savcab

lol, better qualify the request.

we were asked to quote for replacement of a tp&n db following another firm installing 3 phase sockets and not being able to get 3 phase mcbs as they are obsolete. long story short on removal of db we found fibre optic,CCTV and alarm cables in the same compartment of the trunking at the db so no segregation. therefore failing and requiring attention as some of this is new and there are politics involved and I want to make sure I cover myself.
 22 October 2012 08:57 PM

rutts

Savcab

check your PM mucker.
 22 October 2012 09:53 PM

savcab

cheers
 26 October 2012 10:16 PM

mrcornbeef

Hello
Do you know if it possible to use these certs with a blackberry. PlayBook I have tried and downloaded the software recommended
Or does anybody know of word or excel ones as I can use it think they work on the playbook
Thanks
 27 October 2012 01:32 PM

rutts

Hi,
I wouldn't know if they work on Blackberry. They don't work on Android. I don't think they work on I-phones either. You'd have to speak to someone who's tried on a Blackberry. I don't even know what the OS is on a Blackberry. I personally don't have any word certs any more since I started using these.

Sorry.
IET » Wiring and the regulations » Fillable PDF certs

<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.