Increase font size
Topic Title: Environmental Policy
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09 August 2012 10:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09 August 2012 10:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

DOUGIE1000

Any pointers?

I'm asked to include this along with my tender for a recent works, I see from the tendering scoring matrix that this is valid for 10% of scoring.

-------------------------
Dougie
Power Plus Electrical.co.uk

My mission is to live as long as possible......so far so good!
 09 August 2012 10:11 PM

slittle

Try this, worked for us in the past

It is the policy of ........ to manage its business in a way that demonstrates an ongoing commitment to improving the environment and preventing pollution.
To this end we will comply with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations and will maintain a management system to set, review and reassess objectives and targets in order to reduce pollution and waste products and to effectively control its use of energy, raw materials and products.
All employees will be instructed and actively involved in carrying out this policy. A copy of this policy will be made available to the public and to any other interested party who requests it.

I'm sure OMS will be along with a better version soon

Stu
 10 August 2012 07:31 AM

ebee

You forgot to include "Polar Bears" in your wording! That always clinches it

Regards,
Ebee (M I S P N)

Knotted cables cause Lumpy Lektrik
 10 August 2012 08:38 AM

ArthurHall

But what if your not using Polish bears and all your staff are Brits
 10 August 2012 09:33 AM

OMS

LoL - I love it - all i'll say from experience of sitting along side the client is don't overdo it - it becomes so transparent that you've just written it for the bid that it actually ends up getting marked down as part of the bid allocation.

Keep it simple, its a policy statement (akin to your safety policy) - not a full description of how you implement it - just have a few examples of how you implement it - and use an example such as how you go beyond WEEE by only using suppliers that operate take back on fluorescent lamps, how you work with your supply chain to implement your policy (mention it) - perhaps you get your supplier to take back packaging for recycling or how you provide appropriat eplanning to minimise the number of deliveries to site - and you accept those deliverie only at specific times - cut's down the carbon miles, doesn't anoy the neighbours etc etc

10% of any bid cost can easily be the difference between you being unsuccssessful or sitting there happy but wondering what you left out !! - keep it real - if it doesn't flow, we know your'e bluffing - and people like me will ask awkward questions or ask for examples - trust me, i get paid to do it

Good luck

Regards

OMS

Failure is always an option
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.