Topic Title: 2396-2012 PROJECT
Topic Summary:
Created On: 17 March 2012 04:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 27 March 2012 05:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

B67BU

Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations (2396-01)

Just to remind you all that you're on the clock.

The adriatic equation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...kwdp1nyMYNVxQhOhoEbHc=

-------------------------
Why don't you rock down to Electric Avenue (Birmingham B6 7BU) And then we'll take you higher.

B67BU@ElectricalTraining.co.uk

Edited: 27 March 2012 at 05:55 PM by B67BU
 09 April 2012 05:49 PM

biff55

Looking to do this course myself during the summer but am having difficulty finding course providers in the Lancashire / Northwest region.
Also putting me off a bit is the cost , upwards of £700 for 3-4 days tuition is hardly good value in my eyes.
And C&G's constant fannying about with electrical qualifications in general doesnt inspire much confidence lol.
Anways , good luck to the forum members who are undertaking this course , any tips , views and opinions will be gladly recieved by the rest of us.
 09 April 2012 06:17 PM

Sammyh20

yes finally finished today.it takes alot longer than the guided 40hrs though.(hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
 09 April 2012 08:24 PM

Zs

Well done Sammy, you must be a very well looked-after man. I envy your ability to lock yourself away and commit to it, because that is surely what you have done. I'm on 40 hours hard-found, but still a long way to go.

Mine will only be in two days' early. It's a long drive just to hand in a project, so a nice lunch with a friend booked to make it feel like a real day off.

The other colleges don't seem to have a deadline?

Zs
 10 April 2012 06:32 AM

Jobbo

Mine is pretty much sketched out with standard circuits, just need to put together these excel tables our centre wants. No rush tho, we have until August
 10 April 2012 01:17 PM

MrOther

Can anyone recommend a provider in the Essex/London area?
 11 April 2012 09:19 AM

B67BU

Originally posted by: MrOther

Can anyone recommend a provider in the Essex/London area?

I know someone doing it in Birmingham on 28th May for 5 Days

Give me a call for a chat about the course.

Why don't you rock down to Electric Avenue (Birmingham B6 7BU) And then we'll take you higher.

18 April 2012 08:16 PM

B67BU

Anyone finished the project?

18 April 2012 08:42 PM

Jobbo

Nope....can't get in the zone juggling 2 babies when I get home from work! Have to book myself a couple of days off work me thinks
 18 April 2012 09:12 PM

Sammyh20

yes 99%,had it checked 2day just missed a few points for the marking critera,but design ,drawings ,test results all ok.Wait till zs hands in hers,i think city and guilds will frame it,She wont stop until its perfect(does she play for chelsea).What course is for us next after the 2396 ,i feel like johnny 5 and need more input
 18 April 2012 10:30 PM

Zs

Sweet of you Sammy but far from the truth. Struggling to meet the deadline and I might yet miss it. Even getting a day off work to go up and deliver the project isn't easy. So, I might have to register elsewhere for the August or end of year deadline instead of this May one which would be a real shame but I'm doing my best to find the time. I just want this over. Something nice in the midst...my boss printed me off a fantastic A1 sheet of symbols today which I'll bring home for a weekend. Little things like that are quite motivating.

I'm heartsore for you Sammy that you went back home with yours and hope it's nothing too major. Of one thing I am certain....your maths will be right.

B6, How about some friendly words of encouragement for your troups? We are feeling low.

Zs
 19 April 2012 09:36 AM

B67BU

Originally posted by: Zs

B6, How about some friendly words of encouragement for your troups? We are feeling low.

Zs

Hi Zs can you give me a call today?

19 April 2012 02:18 PM

OMS

Originally posted by: Sammyh20

yes 99%,had it checked 2day just missed a few points for the marking critera,but design ,drawings ,test results all ok.Wait till zs hands in hers,i think city and guilds will frame it,She wont stop until its perfect(does she play for chelsea).What course is for us next after the 2396 ,i feel like johnny 5 and need more input

Get on a building services HNC/HND - as far as electrickery in buildings is concerned, if you have a good grasp at 2396 at level 4, then you know a lot of what you need to know. Have the confidence to use what you've learned and you'll be fine.

I would suggest a top up in BS 5266 and BS 5839 would be useful for you and get to grips with some basic lighting design when you have a free moment.

Adding the mechanical modules in the Building Services HNC/HND will give you a personal challenge for sure, but will be rewarding and will have significant value from an employment perspective

Trust me, I'm a consultant -

regards

OMS

Failure is always an option
 19 April 2012 06:36 PM

Sammyh20

has anyone done a building services hnd/hnc on distance learning?,can anyone recommend a training provider?,thanks
 19 April 2012 07:44 PM

GeoffBlackwell

Take a look at this site.

I used to teach the HNC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering to London Electricity, and later EDF, power engineers.

The course includes electrical services (installations) which, at the time I taught it, represented around 20% of the HNC.

This may not be exactly what you want as it does not appear to offer any mechanical building services modules as part of the electrical HNC. However, it might still be worth contacting them as it will give you an insight into what to expect.

Be warned - the level of this course is far in excess of anything you have probably encountered before - but all things are possible if you are prepared to put the effort in.

Regards

Geoff Blackwell
 29 April 2012 12:38 PM

B67BU

yes 99%,had it checked 2day just missed a few points for the marking critera,but design ,drawings ,test results all ok.

Hi Sam

Have you finished it yet?

29 April 2012 01:05 PM

Sammyh20

yes its all done will pop over friday on the way back from wales
 04 May 2012 06:18 PM

B67BU

yes its all done will pop over friday on the way back from wales

Thanks for dropping it off, we will get one of the assessors to have a look at it

27 May 2012 12:23 PM

John Peckham

Day 4 in the big house and I am now very bored with roots growing out of my backside sitting on this chair. I have just stopped punching in circuit data in to my home made spread sheet having done about a 1/4 of what I have to do. Oh how I love my Amtech which does all this lot for me in a twinkle of an eye instead of the labour intensive way.

John Peckham

http://www.astutetechnicalservices.co.uk/
 28 May 2012 09:51 AM

OMS

Oh how I love my Amtech which does all this lot for me in a twinkle of an eye instead of the labour intensive way.

LoL - I keep telling you - that's not design, it's just verification !!

Index circuits John - heaviest load, longest length, and lightest load, near end conditions for the worst favoured circuit of each type - do Ib, CCC and volt drop first - limiting Zs and thermal constraints under short circuit/earth fault will almost certainly comply

Remember compliance with BS 7671 doesn't need an exact answer - just that it's "more than, less than" your agreed circuit criteria.

Regards

OMS

Failure is always an option
IET » Wiring and the regulations » 2396-2012 PROJECT

1 2 3 4 5 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.