Topic Title: Halers H2 LED
Topic Summary: New Specification
Created On: 25 January 2012 10:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 16 August 2012 06:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dickllewellyn

For those who don't know, the zano is the old richmond grid 500 with a variety of adapters to suit different grids. Having said that, I had an interesting conversation with a Schneider rep recently discussing their grid ranges, and asked weather the grid 500 dimmers fit. He had never heard of them, but was concerned that it wasn't a good idea to fit a richmond/zano product into a Schneider grid due to warranty issues etc.

Why then is the grid 500 made at all if it can't be fitted into the switches for which the adapters are supplied?!

-------------------------
Regards
Richard (Dick)

"Insert words of wisdom and/or witty pun here"
 17 August 2012 11:55 PM

Martynduerden

I asked Lutron what they had tested when looking to dim the i9 solo - they had not tested them but they had tested the H2 what I found surprising is they only tested 1 fitting on the 6 zone grafik eye QS I asked how many could be installed and the answer was 1 yes ONE.

In summary when contacted Aurora Halers and Lutron were all useless none of them seemed to have the first idea of the basic technical spec of their units.

Aurora said there fitting were 9w so I could install 88 on a QS OK whatever!

Halers said I would have to ask Lutron and could not tell me the inrush or flc of the H2

Lutron said 1 H2/ qs

I was left to make the investment and test myself - 37 i9 & 1 6 zone qs later I had quite an outlay! very annoyed.

Regards

Martyn.

Only a mediocre person is always at their best

www.electrical contractors uk.com
 17 February 2013 03:25 PM

primo

Originally posted by: Martynduerden

I asked Lutron what they had tested when looking to dim the i9 solo - they had not tested them but they had tested the H2 what I found surprising is they only tested 1 fitting on the 6 zone grafik eye QS I asked how many could be installed and the answer was 1 yes ONE.

In summary when contacted Aurora Halers and Lutron were all useless none of them seemed to have the first idea of the basic technical spec of their units.

Halers said I would have to ask Lutron and could not tell me the inrush or flc of the H2

Lutron said 1 H2/ qs

I was left to make the investment and test myself - 37 i9 & 1 6 zone qs later I had quite an outlay! very annoyed.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.
Martyn, did the Lutron like the i9's and have you tested any other LED's with the Lutron.
 17 February 2013 05:42 PM

Martynduerden

Originally posted by: primo

Originally posted by: Martynduerden

Lutron said 1 H2/ qs

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

Martyn, did the Lutron like the i9's and have you tested any other LED's with the Lutron.

i9's dim well on the Lutron when correctly set up, I did the outlay and I was relieved it all worked.

I had no need for the synthetic load either as the Cree/led load profile worked well.

I had 15 on one zone and 22 across two zones 37 overall, I had two other zones used one had 3 60w lamps and the last had some foreign non dimable under cabinet LED boxes.

I did not try h2's

Regards

Martyn.

17 February 2013 07:58 PM

Richard64

I've had nightmares dimming LEDs and would recommend to every customer, not to :-(
I had 4 modules blow up on me, on one job, and then the lamp manufacturer told me they recommended trailing edge dimmers. (However this information was not in any of their literature, or on their website). And after changing the modules over, the level of dimming was so bad as to be pointless.
To answer a previous question, I've fitted the JCC 3w all in ones, non dimmable, and been very impressed.
 17 February 2013 10:14 PM

Martynduerden

Originally posted by: Richard64

I've had nightmares dimming LEDs and would recommend to every customer, not to :-(

This was one of my initial worries Richard, no one would commen ot the abilities or described functions of their products.

I now dim LED's on a regular basis without much issue .....unless they are 24v.

Regards

Martyn.

19 February 2013 11:43 AM

primo

Thanks for that Martyn.

In your opinion, Halers H2 or i9's and why? I've tried the Halers and I think they're good but on paper the i9's are brighter I'm looking at the warm white dimable in both seeing as the Philips Dimtone lamps which are my first choice are still on recall!!
 19 February 2013 03:22 PM

sparkxelectrical

One of my jobs has 22 H2's running on a Lutron system quite happily.

I would probably now spec for i9s as they seem like much better value for money
 19 February 2013 09:22 PM

Martynduerden

Originally posted by: primo

Thanks for that Martyn.

In your opinion, Halers H2 or i9's and why? I've tried the Halers and I think they're good but on paper the i9's are brighter I'm looking at the warm white dimable in both seeing as the Philips Dimtone lamps which are my first choice are still on recall!!

I've never fitted halers. i9s suffer from significant variance in colour and intensity, it appears that aurora don't buy matched led's.

Essentially you need to fit all your lights then look at moving them about for the best look, it helps if you are doing a few rooms, but it can be a pain.

It's a common issue with LEDs and is generally a side effect of competitive price point.

Regards

Martyn.

IET » Wiring and the regulations » Halers H2 LED

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.