Increase font size
Topic Title: Absence of data on MCB/Installation Method of cable
Topic Summary: What Code / What Installation Method
Created On: 08 November 2010 09:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08 November 2010 09:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Evening all
I am in the process of carrying out a PIR on a small commercial unit.
i am at present inspecting the supply boxes connected to a canalis power track and have come across the following and would like your opinion on them please.

on inspecting the protective devices i have come across a 3 pole MCB with no data on it anywhere. no rating, no Ka rating, no BS EN ref, nothing at all. As i cant establish that the device is capable of affording any protection or proper funtion as it could be just a piece of plastice resembling an MCB I. have made a judgement to give it a code 1 based on the guidance on page 118 of the niceic I.T. & C book. Is this harsh or would you agree with the coding,

On the supply side of the canalis supply boxes they are wired in SWA terminating vertically directly below into the machine in which it supplies . The run of the SWA is only approx 700mm and therfore no cable support has been used, (Just drops straight down and terminates). i have closely looked at this and feel that there is no risk of damage to the cable as there is no movement and vibration on the cable and there is no mechanical stresses on the cable. what am unsure of is what installation method to put down schedule of circuit details.

also can anyone explain what is the meaning of a cable installed in free air. i have been looking in the big red book but as yet cant find anything conclusive regarding the installation method for the type of wiring. your opinions and advice would be welcome.

kind regards
Martin
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.