Increase font size
Topic Title: BS7671 Ammendment No1 2011
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05 October 2010 09:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05 October 2010 09:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Seems like I have just forked out for 17th Edition books and a course and exam...

17th Edition I did it as soon as it was out ...

This ammendment can wait........... just getting a BIT pee'd off forking out for books, courseS and exams to line someones else's pockets.

STOP MOVING THE GOAL POSTS ITS JUST OHMS LAW AT THE END OF THE DAY.
 05 October 2010 09:17 PM

davyn1

cant see any mention on this site??
davy

-------------------------
just because i'm paranoid doesn't mean theyre not out to get me
 05 October 2010 09:19 PM

patt2

They should of got it right in the first place , if we had to amend our work as often as they do we would barclay bankers.
 05 October 2010 11:07 PM

whjohnson

No one is forcing anyone to buy complete new editions of the wiring regs, nor go on further courses etc.

There is no legal requirement for you to spend any further monies.
Part P came in in Jan 2005, yet I have never joined a scam.
I did the 16th and have yet to do the 17th, but there really isn't a need to do so if you adequately familiarise yourself with the requirements.

There is no law which states that Thou Shalt Take The Latest Course and Pass The Exam, unless of course, it is a term of your Part P scam contract........

Do yourselves a bit fat favour and subscribe to the free - yes - FREE 'Wiring Matters' magazine published by the IET and delivered straight to your door.
All of these updates are fully explained therein. You might wonder at the absurdity of some of them, but it'll cost you nothing to do so.
And don't forget - amendments to the Red Book can be downloaded from this site and printed off for free.

So what's the beef?

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
 05 October 2010 11:20 PM

patt2

If this amendment is adopted in it's present form it will be a new edition I think, owing to the volume of the content.

They even show you the nice green cover Lol.

Edited: 05 October 2010 at 11:28 PM by patt2
 05 October 2010 11:28 PM

ant1uk

A new book comes out every 2-3 years, It does make you wonder why things change so much and why they didn't release it in earlier editions because you see regulation numbers marked up in the book reserved for future use. That makes you think that they got an idea whats going in there. no there don't need to be so many editions and sometimes they just change the wording like direct contact and indirect contact to basic protection and fault protection. what was the point in doing this? and also removing a whole zone in bathrooms? it does seem that they just want to make money on new books and courses. but its up to you if you want to do them. I know it costs alot of money. so thats another £70 for the OSG and BS7671. I find now with the new books just fall apart now in no time the old books are so much stronger.

Regards
 05 October 2010 11:34 PM

patt2

You just got to look at the vested interests inside the front cover,
 12 October 2010 09:20 AM

ireeve

The IEE Wiring Regulations (BS 7671:2008) takes account of the technical intent of CENELEC Harmonization Documents which in turn are usually based on IEC standards. A lot of progress on international standards work in IEC and CENELEC has been made since the publication of BS 7671:2008, requiring both structural changes to the British Standard and also significant technical advances to be implemented. This is the reason for amendment number 1.

Ian M Reeve
Senior Engineer
Standards and Compliance
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
 15 October 2010 11:18 AM

BigRed

It's great to see that they keep things up to date, but why is BS7671 one of the only standards that we cannot download online off BSOL? the subscription is huge for this and they still want 70 notes for a book?
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.