Increase font size
Topic Title: A little light relief
Topic Summary: if you logged on to relax
Created On: 20 May 2010 06:44 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 20 May 2010 06:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Zs

The forum is a bit heavy at the moment. So here's something for you to play with if you logged on to relax rather than get involved in our industry politics. Fantastic lighting site for ideas.

BTW. This company are not electrician friendly, they are over priced and snobby. I don't use them, but I love the web site and steal the ideas all the time . I can't be doing with people who are not good at communicating with us like we are normal good people. But I can be doing with getting my clients to look at this.

But it is ALL do-able with aurora and collingwood. Enjoy.

http://www.johncullenlighting....p?pageID=6&moduleID=2

Zs
 20 May 2010 06:51 PM

peteTLM

Very good.

There is another site i found years ago, www.mrresistor.co.uk. have a look at the projects.

I wish i had a big enough living room, i would have a go at the shadow gap lighting

P

-------------------------
----------------------------------------
Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine....

Every man has to know his limitations- Dirty Harry
 20 May 2010 07:00 PM

peterbutt

If we ever get upmarket enough, i'll call on you for lighting designs Zs!

Regards,
Peter
 20 May 2010 07:11 PM

OMS

Nice site madam - and at £85/hr quite reasonable for design - I guess that could be one solution to the pension fund.

I have always found these guys to be worth a look - although they tend towards bigger projects

Regards

OMS

Failure is always an option
 20 May 2010 08:44 PM

BrucieBonus

Nice link Zs!

I recently went on a short lighting design course, run by an interior design college - thought it might be a bit fluffy but was actually really good. The person who ran it has a design consultancy (charges a but more than £85 per hour reckon!). Sadly I was the only sparks on the course....

See link here for the designer http://www.lightiq.com

I got quite inspired and have recently installed some fab colour change LED lights in glass shelves and under lit some low level shelves with dimmable 'no gap' fluorescents - the client loves them! As do all her friends, so hopefully might get some repeat orders! Expensive though...
 20 May 2010 09:30 PM

dickllewellyn

I've been on a few jobs where we have had to install the John Cullen scheme provided... Ever tried to fit LED's into a steel holding up a roof?! I also tend to find a complete disregard as to where we might fit a driver/transformer, and regularly we have fitted Aurora as opposed to the JC overpriced fittings only to find them near as damn identical. They also seem to enjoy specifyng low level lighting which can be a pain when you're trying to fit into very old lath and plaster walls or wooden paneled rooms which are both quite common in the type of house owned by people who can afford such lighting designs. Another favourite was downlights in a concrete reinforced ceiling to take the weight of the grand piano upstairs! Having said all that, once you've worked out just how the design can be fitted into the real life scenario of the house you're working in, and figured out the wiring for the Lutron switching, it does look the business!

Regards
Richard (Dick)

"Insert words of wisdom and/or witty pun here"
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.