Increase font size
Topic Title: NICEIC ELECSA Van Insurance
Topic Summary: heads up; twice the price
Created On: 06 December 2017 02:53 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06 December 2017 02:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

PatHammond

Just a heads up
Just had a quote for some van insurance via the NICEIC and the quote was nearly twice as much as the next expensive quote I had like for like. When I queried it they said that they admitted that were struggling to compete with other companies which then begs the question why are the NICEIC /ELECSA signposting us their loyal subjects to such a poor service. I have phoned and told the NICEIC about this.

-------------------------
4.5 day wonder...had to start somewhere
 06 December 2017 05:08 PM

KFH

Because some people will buy it. NICEIC will, if they follow the principals of other insurers, keep the price high, especially for existing customers, making a large profit on a small base until the small base dwindles and they have to offer more competitive rates especially to new customers when the cycle can start over again. Alternatively they may just not want the business or are hoping to catch a few fools who think they will be getting a good price.
 07 December 2017 08:59 AM

davezawadi

Many organisations try this, even age concern! They quoted house and contents insurance at 3 times that from a big insurance co. to my mother who has just died at 97. The same for her emergency button call, I tried to cancel and they wanted a fee just to stop charging! They target those in a hurry, the old and vulnerable, and get away with it. Watch out!!!

-------------------------
David
BSc CEng MIET
david@ZawadiSoundAndLighting.co.uk
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.