Increase font size
Topic Title: Economy 7
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06 December 2017 02:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06 December 2017 02:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

PatHammond

My client has done the numbers and still wants to have her cheap rate electricity over night on eco 7 despite not having any night store heaters using for the washing machine etc (she's on some long term contract with a very cheap unit rate and standing charge) As part of the refurb the main incomer is being moved to an external meter box. The eco 7 set up is an ancient dual rate analogue meter and a massive teleswitch. I have disconnected the teleswitch so that we could remove the unwanted Night store DB so the builders could dismantle that work area safely. The DNO are saying that when they come to move the incomer they will refit the existing analogue meter but not the teleswitch. Should I be asking the supplier to to move the teleswitch. Do they still use the teleswitch system to switch on Eco 7 at night. If my client doesn't have a night store DB that needs switching would a more modern dual tariff digital meter log the cheap rate electricity without needing a teleswitch. Would a smart meter still need a teleswitch.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-------------------------
4.5 day wonder...had to start somewhere
 06 December 2017 04:43 PM

typiod

If they are using the same meter then the teleswitch will need to be moved as how will the meter switch to the o/p rate at night. They could of cause fit a telemeter.
 06 December 2017 08:43 PM

alancapon

Originally posted by: PatHammond
. . . The eco 7 set up is an ancient dual rate analogue meter and a massive teleswitch. I have disconnected the teleswitch . . .

Hopefully not from the cutout or meter. If you really have disconnected it, then your customer no longer qualifies for the tariff they used to be on, and could face some hefty bills. The teleswitch is part of the metering apparatus and can only be disconnected / moved by the meter operator or their agent.

. . . The DNO are saying that when they come to move the incomer they will refit the existing analogue meter but not the teleswitch. . .

They don't have that option. It is part of the metering apparatus and they must move and reconnect it when they move the meter.

. . . Would a smart meter still need a teleswitch. . .

No. It will either have a built-in teleswitch, or more likely receive its updates over the network that downloads its meter readings.

Regards,

Alan.
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.