Increase font size
Topic Title: Fatality of ukpn worker yesterday
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01 November 2017 08:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01 November 2017 08:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

24Hour

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news..._home/?ref=fbpg

Approx 2 miles from me in woodingdean brighton , seems that he passed sadly whilst working at a local address carrying out a mains incomer adaption .

Sometimes I'm complacent if I'm totally honest like most of us I imagine when working with electricity on a daily basis to earn a crust, makes you realise though when it's so close to home .

Rest in peace sir .

-------------------------
Yes i do do 24/7 everyday of the FLAMIN year.
 01 November 2017 08:54 AM

dustydazzler

Very sad

Like many people when you do something every day you become a bit mentally immune to the real risks.
Much like the zoo workers who spend years training and working with wild animals when one day it turns on you and in some cases kills the zoo worker.

You never see it coming
 01 November 2017 09:06 AM

AJJewsbury

Sad indeed. I'm not sure from the article that it was directly an electrical cause of death though - it reads almost like a conventional heart attack sort of situation.
- Andy.
 01 November 2017 09:15 AM

dustydazzler

You could well be correct Andy

It could be totally unrelated to the electrical job in hand and the guy could have had a stoke or heart attack while simply digging a trench

My dad collapsed after having a stroke while getting the shopping out the car , thankfully it wasn't the last thing he did and made a reasonable recovery
 01 November 2017 09:18 AM

tomgunn

Lets not jump to any conclusions here... thats always the easy option!! He could have died from a heart attack... we don't know! Wait until the cause is announced. Either way... yep, its always sad when someone passes on!

RIP

-------------------------
Tom.... (The TERMINATOR).

handyTRADESMAN

Castle Builders
 01 November 2017 09:24 AM

alancapon

An unfortunate story, but rarer in the U.K. than some other countries. Working on the distribution network is judged by most life insurance companies to be very high risk, particularly fault investigation where you have to balance keeping supplies on against risk to staff / the public. I discovered a few years ago that learning to fly didn't make my insurance risk any higher.

Regards,

Alan.
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.