Increase font size
Topic Title: Leagal Earth Bond requirements for industrial applications
Topic Summary: Earth bonding
Created On: 19 June 2017 03:31 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 19 June 2017 03:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RobertMigliaccio

Hello,
Our fixed installations are Earth bond tested when installed. I'm after guidance on Earth bonding existing applications on a regular basis. Is there a legal requirement for annual testing of equipment?
We contract work out on an annual basis for due diligence as panels could have been removed during maintenance ect...

I'm interested to know if there are legal requirements we need to adhere to.

Thanks.
 19 June 2017 05:09 PM

OMS

Legally speaking, it would be the Electricity at Work Regulations (if in the UK) - suitable and sufficient to prevent danger etc

Beyond that, I'm not sure what you are asking - is this testing of electrical equipment or the fixed installation ?

OMS

-------------------------
Let the wind blow you, across a big floor.
 20 June 2017 11:52 AM

broadgage

It is common practice to inspect and test the fixed installation every 5 years, and to test and inspect portable appliances every year.

Neither of these intervals are actually required by law, they are simply commonly regarded as good practice.

The law in the UK simply requires a safe system of work with risks eliminated or controlled so far as is reasonably practical.

In most cases it is up to the employer to decide what regime of testing and inspecting is required to comply with the law.

There are a few exceptions where test and inspection intervals are legally required, every 3 years in theatres I believe.

Also insurance companies, and in rented property the landlord or freeholder may specify test and inspection intervals.
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.