Increase font size
Topic Title: British Standards - Hot Tubs
Topic Summary: The part recommended refers to another part
Created On: 16 June 2017 03:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 16 June 2017 03:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Thripster

Wiring Matters recommends that 'Persons involved in the design of the electrical installation for a hot tub should consult the product standard
BS EN 60335-2-60: Specification for safety of household and similar appliances........'

I have bought this at £139.20 inc VAT (not being a member) only to find that it constantly refers to Part 1. Which, not to put too fine a point on it, I find a little defecatious........should I be justified in this feeling? Should I not expect to be able to see the whole standard at that price?

Yours squelchily

Thrip
 16 June 2017 04:43 PM

sparkingchip

So have you learnt anything from your newly acquired expensive reference material?

Wiring Matters 63

Andy B
 16 June 2017 05:41 PM

Thripster

You have referenced the article that I referred to; I am asking why this document is required since (for all practical purposes where electrical installation is concerned) the standard references Part 1 which I do not have. Consequently, I am asking for my cash back.

Regards
 16 June 2017 09:31 PM

CMK3PD

This is fairly common for standards. Part 1 normally contains the general rules with a subsequent part just covering the specifics for that particular item

Whilst trying not to rub salt in the wound there is a DC version of this and part 1 out which means a new version is fairly well advanced to the point it's at Draft Comment stage.

I would doubt if you will get your money back, particularly if it was a pdf, but on the off chance you do, you could get the DC versions for £20 each, that will give you a better idea of where the standard is going
 16 June 2017 09:51 PM

Thripster

Thank you CMD3PK - my ignorance I guess. I just thought that as Wiring Matters had pointed to it as a crucial document when considering hot tub electrical installation then there would be a substantial amount of information in it - that aspect is sadly misleading and should be a warning to others. I'll let you know how I get on. The fact that I do not have Part 1 means that the part I have bought is useless.

Regards
 16 June 2017 11:01 PM

sparkingchip

Is there actually a relevant BS or EN standard for hot tubs or is Is it still being prepared?

Andy B
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.