Increase font size
Topic Title: C&G 4467 Building Services Engineering
Topic Summary:
Created On: 13 June 2017 07:27 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 13 June 2017 07:27 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

MikeLuker

Hi all, I am looking into the 4467 2 year course have any of you had any experience with this one at all and what to expect.

Many thanks
 13 June 2017 10:08 PM

Parsley

I could be wrong but I believe Pete TLM completed this course a few years back. It sounded quite in-depth and a lot of hard work.
Hopefully he might see your post.
Good luck.

Regards
 13 June 2017 10:11 PM

MikeLuker

Thanks parsley I will keep an eye out if he posts. I have researched quite a bit, but it's a lot better from someone who has completed it.
 14 June 2017 11:08 AM

peteTLM

Hi,

yes i have done this, finished in 2013. I didn't think this course was still run? Anyway, yes lots of hard work, no final exams all on projects and coursework.
2 nights a week in college and probably 10-15 hours a week at home to get through everything.

They expect you to know basic electronics (component level) already, and have maths at HNC/D level. The maths for me was a nightmare as quadratic equations are not exactly my favourite pastime.
I did the electrical bias version (of course!) and although a lot of it centres on electrical, heat transfer, solar radiation, thermo dynamics, Building design, generation, Atex, all come into it.

Each of the easier design projects are exactly the same as the 2391-20 design course models, but you have to do 3-4 of them in a year rather than 1.
Year 2 projects are a lot more involved and although i can't be specific (too long ago now) your probably looking at 50-80 hours each project.

Books---KA Stroud, Engineering Mathematics, and Bird, Electrical and electronic principles. The other Bird books are good also.

Enjoyable course but the college i studied at didn't make it easy, as for months we were a lecturer down with no substitute, and left to fend for ourselves.

Good luck, go for it.

-------------------------
----------------------------------------
Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine....

Every man has to know his limitations- Dirty Harry
 15 June 2017 07:52 PM

MikeLuker

Thanks Pete, will the projects be similar to the 2396 then, or shorter versions or will they have to have full specifications and detailed info etc. Only asking because the last one I did was nearly 400 pages and took ages and that was only one project ??
 17 June 2017 08:14 AM

MikeLuker

Would you also know if they set you projects or would you need to use a real example design that is ongoing so to speak.
 28 July 2017 12:52 PM

marclambert

Hi
Mike
We do still run the 4467, down in sunny Devon, though many do travel from quite far as we are only one of two now I think. PM me if you need to chat about it.
regards
Marc
 29 July 2017 12:16 PM

peteTLM

Originally posted by: MikeLuker

Would you also know if they set you projects or would you need to use a real example design that is ongoing so to speak.

They usually set you the project, a lot of these are centred around C course/ 2391-20 past projects.

Another one was on generation and distribution, so you would need to research that from scratch.

-------------------------
----------------------------------------
Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine....

Every man has to know his limitations- Dirty Harry
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.