Increase font size
Topic Title: walk in chiller
Topic Summary: any advice on install
Created On: 11 April 2017 06:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11 April 2017 06:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

19mc81

Hi new to the forum so go easy on me.
I have been asked to put in power for a walk in chiller (to be kept indoors). Dont have anything much in the way of details YET...... only info I do have so far is that it is single phase supply, will NOT be an integral type unit (which would have been a single 32amp socket probably ). So If it is to be a 'remote refrigeration unit' would anyone be able to give me a heads up on what number power points I will need to plan for. I am not a hvac or refrigeration enginneer and have ONLY been asked to put power in, I have so far been unable to get ahold of the engineer to ask him. The unit is going to be a secondhand one (due to super high cost brand new) All helpful comments would be gratefully received as this is something I have never installed before and I would like to get it right first time round if I get the job!!!
................I have asked a couple of other local sparks for advice but have come up against a brick wall ( dont know if its because they dont know about it or just dont want to help)
*when I get further info on the unit I will update post

thanks
 11 April 2017 07:48 PM

broadgage

Single phase cold rooms very seldom exceed 32 amps, anything larger is almost always three phase.

Usually only a single point of the supply is required, if an external condensing unit requires a supply then the cable for this is usualy run by the refrigeration engineer from the control unit.
 11 April 2017 08:50 PM

19mc81

Thanks for the quick response , ok so regardless of type it will still be a 'plug and play' installation from my point. The rest will be up to the refrigeration engineer.
cheers for taking the time to answer my question.
Pheeew my first time asking a question on here has been pain free !!
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.