Increase font size
Topic Title: Temp/perm ME2 street lighting
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12 March 2014 01:59 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12 March 2014 01:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

zimzimmer

We have to install temp street lighting to meet ME2 street lighting requirements.

This temp install will be in place for approx 5 months.
The span of the carriage way is 4 lanes approx 12m wide. The length of the area that needs ME2 requirements is approx 300m.

At the moment the existing columns have been removed and genset lighting is in place which we want to off hire and meets ME3 requirements but the cost of hire, fuel and maintain will cost more than a temp/perm system we reckon.

We would want to avoid temp lighting columns as the elements of weather will be against us and the footpath is still accessible and pavements coming up and forth which will hinder, cause potential damage to cable if we did install a temp cable.

What we would like is some sort of lighting that we could get approved for use on Harris fencing that can be disconnected etc.

I have spoken to a lighting designer where I put forward 110v bulkheads (hoarding lights) across Harris Fencing at x amount of distance apart to achieve lux levels.

This come back saying glare into the drivers view as height and way the bulkhead faces the road plus unable to achieve centre of carriage way.

Any advice guys or do I have to go with the lighting columns with buried cable etc.
 12 March 2014 03:01 PM

zimzimmer

Guys would this be in the right section
 12 March 2014 09:12 PM

jarathoon

I am not sure. Built environment is probably better.

As a non-expert on lighting solutions the only thing off the shelf I can think of that could give an even light at low level are LED perimeter advertising systems. Although they would probably need to go both sides of the carriageway.

What the cost is to hire these, and whether or not they can provide enough light and can be made rudded enougth for the application I don't know. For your application the light box designs need to give acceptable low level glare yet maintain adequate lighting levels across the carriageway, which is a big ask.

Perhaps a new product and set of standards need to be developed.

-------------------------
James Arathoon
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.