Topic Title: Designing For Earth Quakes
Topic Summary:
Created On: 15 February 2012 01:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02 December 2013 12:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

kengreen

My very dear OMS,

one of the things that perpetually fascinate me about posting on the forum is the manner in which people read, not the words I write but the words they seem to think that I meant to write. And there was me thinking for many years that my wife held the universal monopoly on such a skill?

let me repeat that I have no quarrel whatsoever with everything you have written; this whole thing kicked off when I in advisedly remarked that you cannot design for the unexpected and that, so long as you do your best, there is no need to lose sleep when people get killed. It goes with the job?.

I fully understand why someone can become offended should I doubt their ability or integrity but why on earth do they have to manufacture insults against themselves?

Ken Green
 02 December 2013 12:42 PM

OMS

I'm not offended Ken, I was simply offering a view that appears to be different to yours over the "we cannot oppose the forces of nature"

Regards

OMS

-------------------------
Failure is always an option
 02 December 2013 07:06 PM

kengreen

I am very glad to hear that, OMS.

Ken Green
 27 December 2013 09:46 AM

hjeff045

One of the methods for connecting seismic forecasts to building design is through numeric modeling. Earthquake engineering is greatly enhanced by modeling the ways in which a certain type of structure will respond to seismic activity. Mannvit has experience in using the latest versions of advanced computer finite element analysis (FEA) programs such as SAP2000 and Etabs to assist in design and modeling.

Depending on the form of the structures being considered, different analyses may be necessary, including linear and non-linear, as well as static, quasi-static and dynamic analysis.

Mannvit´s projects include both residential and public buildings ranging from single family houses to complex buildings, such as power plants, dams, bridges, data centers.

-------------------------
https://au.igrads.com
IET » Built environment » Designing For Earth Quakes

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.