Increase font size
Topic Title: Construction/Civil/Building Engineering
Topic Summary: Debate topic under this heading
Created On: 06 April 2011 01:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06 April 2011 01:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Antonyw

With regards to Marty's legitimate request for a mechanical engineering section in this forum, I too would like to request a similar one for Building/Construction/Civil Engineering.
Where would people/members find this branch of engineering under, I can't see one specific in the present headings.
Perhaps the IET could add Built Environment which would probably cover it.
 17 May 2012 12:27 PM

buildingangel

I really don't know.. May be IET are not targeting it yet.. Roofing Services
 27 September 2012 02:06 PM

black7floyd

You can also add an electrical engineering section in this forum. I wanted to find this section, but couldn't find it. The addition of the built environment in the sections will automatically give way for sections on mechanical, electrical as well as civil engineering. Thank You! dangers of smoking
 03 October 2012 07:49 AM

JoeDuffy123

Great idea guys, as a mechanical engineer myself, this would be very beneficial.

Being quite new to this forum, does anyone know the relevant people to e-mail regarding this?

Cheers,
Joe
 19 October 2012 05:13 PM

slanier

I'm new in this site but I'm excited to explore maybe because it must be very helpful for us, perhaps we also represent many of the finest playscape and landscape architecture manufacturers in the industry.

Thanks,
Shane
 19 December 2012 01:59 PM

n2nell

About green building technology i've found a nice way to build ecological houses with natural materials and excellent aussie laminated wood GL24h i would like to discuss with some engineer about what i have found, please PM me. Thanks.
 09 February 2013 07:14 AM

JakeRoll

Maybe you can message the admin of this site if you want a forum thread for that certain topic. In my case, I would also love if this site will have categories about safeguarding assessment and hazard analysis. Just a thoguht.
 12 February 2013 05:25 PM

BalakrishnanP

Its nice to read your thoughts
 13 February 2013 11:13 AM

rossall

Hi all

First to say clearly that the IET is keen to encourage discussion on any topic of technical or professional interest in any field of engineering. The IET recently launched the MyCommunity platform with an invitation to form groups for any such topic.

In these forums, we broadly reflect the IET Sectors, and then add any topic on which there is already a body of discussion. The prime example of this has been the Wiring category; discussions started in the General category and simply took off, so we moved them to an area of their own.

Presenting users with lots of forum categories to look through, each with few topics, can just mean that it takes time to hunt around for anything interesting. On the other hand, once there's a body of discussions, visitors will typically want to narrow their searches to the most relevant topics to them, so creating more specific categories then makes things manageable for users.

If in doubt as to category, please go ahead and raise engineering topics in the General area, as many users do. I'd really hope to see some of these turning into active new categories - or, in time, into new groups in MyCommunity.

Hope this helps.

-------------------------
David Rossall
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.