Increase font size
Topic Title: About RF engineering
Topic Summary:
Created On: 24 February 2014 06:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 24 February 2014 06:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

zhangz64

Hi there, I am currently a second year electrical engineering student in Canada. I am thinking about get into the field of RF engineering for my next year of study. However, from i have heard online, I am having doubts about getting into this field.
Here are the doubts i have.

1: Does this field required a PHD to get a really good job in CANADA. I am planning to do Master , but not PHD.

2: What is job outlook for new graduates in RF hardware Engineering field?(compare to like digital electronic, power engineering) I will be doing a co-op this summer as a RF hardware designer. and mostly likely doing PEY next year, That would give me about 2 year experience in the field. I am having good GPA during school. How difficult for me get a job after graduation? I heard that Company is only hiring RF people with at least 8 years of experiences.

3: If i decide to go into this field, What knowledge is required to success in this field? in other word, what course should i take?

4: What kind of company is hiring for this position in CANADA.( I only know that company making phones are hiring RF engineer).

5: I am also interested in the area of power engineering, Is possible to switch from RF engineering to power engineering in the future.

Thanks ahead
Eddy
 15 March 2014 12:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

kengreen

I think that RF engineering is one branch wherein experience matters possibly more than theoretical study. For example in audio work you can be confident that your signal is on the end of a piece of wire that you hold in your hand; in the RF field this is very seldom true - your signal can be associated, at all amplitudes, with almost any conductive material in your vicinity? It becomes very important to understand the significance of non-obvious couplings and the only source of such information is hands-on experience.

Ken Green
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.