Increase font size
Topic Title: HNC Engineering Systems open learning logis tech
Topic Summary:
Created On: 29 June 2013 02:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 29 June 2013 02:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

baz3986

Hi folks,

Just started this course a few weeks back and only on the first unit (Maths for engineers).

Just putting the feelers out to see if anyone else has done or is doing this course aswel?

My maths is pretty poor so think im going to be on this initial unit for a few months so if anyone has done similiar it would be good to hear from you.

Cheers

Barry M
 02 July 2013 01:43 PM

chrissj91

Good afternoon Barry,

I just completed my first year of the HNC Electrical & Electronic Engineering. I didn't do the distance course as I did day release from my employer.
But Im sure the units are the same no matter which way you take it.

Get a book called "Engineering Mathematics" by K.A Stroud. Its abit costly and feels like it weighs more than a cow, but its a very very very good book, it starts at the basics of mathematics and builds up to degree level mathematics.

Also, if you undertake the Engineering Science module of the HNC "Electrical and Electronic Principles and Technology" by John Bird is another good one.

Hope this helps fella.

Chris

-------------------------
Christopher Jones

Linked In - http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrissj91
 02 July 2013 03:07 PM

baz3986

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. In the unit pack i recieved a text book to work through "Mathematics for Engineers" by Croft & Davison, its not that great but i have been working through it anyway.

I will have to look into your recommendation though as ive heard that particular text book being mentiond a number of times now with all positive reviews.

I actually have a text book by John Bird, "Science for Engineers" that i used alot when up for my marine engineering tickets and have to say that again was a great help.

Thanks again Chris mate

Barry M
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.