Increase font size
Topic Title: Distance Learning - Mechanical Engineering Beng
Topic Summary: Need some recommendations
Created On: 01 May 2013 01:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01 May 2013 01:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

livesteam

Afternoon Gents,

I did start Mech Eng degree at the University of Southampton a few years ago but had to leave due to personal circumstances.

I'm now looking at restarting my degree but this time through the distance learning option or part time courses around Surrey/Hampshire/Dorset.

I've had a look at the OU but wondered if anyone had any other recommendations??

Thanks in Advance,
David
 29 June 2013 03:15 AM

baz3986

Hi mate,

I know this is a few weeks old now but ive just joined the forum with a similiar question to yourself, accept ive just started an open learning HNC.

Mines is in Engineering Systems with logis tech. the reason i started with them is the SQA accreditation as im in scotland and thats who my work based awards are done by so seemed the natural option for me, aswel as the slightly cheaper price.

How ever the guy that is in charge of the course told me that they are about to start running the same courses but accredited by Edexcel, so if the awarding body is important to you then atleast you could have a couple options!

Hope this helps
 01 July 2013 09:28 AM

ryhhug

Hi,

I have done some research as I plan to complete HND at Teesside Uni mid of next year.

The distance learning options are:
1. BEng at Portsmouth Uni - Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering - very quick and good response to all my queries
2. BSc at Lincoln Uni - Engineering Management
3. BEng at Bradford Uni - Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering - no response to my email
4. BEng at Lancaster Uni [recommended by Gruff] - they don't do it anymore

So far my prefer option is Portsmouth Uni.

Have you found any other courses by distance learning?
Thanks
Rich
 01 July 2013 08:35 PM

Zuiko

If you are interested in Mechanical Engineering, especially structural integrity, have a look at the OU.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.