Increase font size
Topic Title: City and Guilds Level 4
Topic Summary: Where now?
Created On: 10 July 2012 11:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10 July 2012 11:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jasonpenny969

Hi all
I have completed a 4 year apprenticeship then went on to do the city and guilds C course. After completing this it was scraped and replaced with the city and guilds level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building Services Engineering. I have now completed this as well and have no idea what course to do next to progress.
Does any one know of a city and guilds level 5? or do i have to switch to a HNC? and what level should i be starting this at?
 05 September 2012 12:09 AM

JJJohnson

You can get started here:
Click Here
 05 September 2012 08:04 AM

sfoster59

Jason,

If you're unsure of which way to go in terms of your studies, speak to a college careers advisor.

If you completed a four-year apprenticeship, you more than likely completed an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent. In theory, after NVQ level 3 or equivelant, you can being to move on to the Higher National Qualifications.

This could include a HNC, or if you feel you'd prefer to complete further training prior to that, perhaps an ONC might be best suited.
If your qualifications are in Building Services, consider talking to some BS lecturers where you currently/previously studied; they might be able to discuss your options in further detail.

All the best.

Sam Foster
IET SLO - SYLN
 05 September 2012 10:19 PM

peteTLM

Jason, where did you do your 4467 HPD? I ask as there are only about 4 places in the country that do it.
From what i can tell, all of the city and guilds level 5 courses are in construction (as in building houses), or other management areas.
Engineering wise, there were Engineering council exams at level 5, but i dont think they do these anymore.

Swapping to a HNC shouldnt be a problem after the HPD, but if its in an electronics, you may need a top up on knowledge in that area after being used to 'heavy' stuff. Technically, the HNC is the same level as the HPD, so you might be able to get direct entry to a HND course.

Regards

-------------------------
----------------------------------------
Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine....

Every man has to know his limitations- Dirty Harry
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.