Increase font size
Topic Title: 2330 / 2360 advice
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03 July 2012 12:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03 July 2012 12:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

engy

Hi,

Hoping for some help please.

In 1992 I started an apprenticeship as an electrician, I had three years practical experience and gained a 201 in basic engineering and then the 2360 part (complketed in 1995) 1 but not the part 2. At this point i had a total career change and went into HM forces...... Im now working in security and lookingat getting back into the electrical side of things.

Having made some enquires and thought about it at length my only realistic option is distance learning with quickstep electrical training for the level 3 2330. I have been told my 2360 part 1 would count and could enter directly to the 2330 level 3.

My concernis how hard is the level 3 and would i really struggle, as im not currently in the trade either.

Thanks James
 04 July 2012 09:47 PM

nsambrook

The 2330 level 3 is a jump up from the 2330 level 2 in many respects but less so from the 2360. I would still say you would have to put quite a bit of work in though to get the 2330 L3, the science aspects never change drastically but the inspection and test, fault finding and much of the terminology will have changed a lot in the passing years. As with most things, if you are really dedicated, I don't think it's to be particularly feared.

You could wait until September when we get more information on the new C&G2365 (L2 and L3). The funding for the 2330 has long gone for adults but the rumour is that the new qualification will be co-funded, potentially halving the costs or giving you the opportunity to go to college or a training provider which in my opinion would be a better option than distance learning in your situation. The new qual for all intents and purposes is going to be very similar to the 2330.

-------------------------
http://www.electricalqualifications.co.uk
http://www.electricalexams.co.uk
http://www.electricalrevision.co.uk
 05 July 2012 01:50 PM

sfoster59

I'm in agreement with nsambrook. You're best bet is to wait it out. In any case, the standard of work should (in theory) tally up whether you choose to wait or not and as such you shouldn't let it influence your decision too heavily.

So long as you have half decent lecuturers to help you along the way, I wouldn't worry too much about the difficulty of the content, especially if you're working alongside others who already have similar qualifications. Any study requires work. I'm sure you'll be rewarded in the end.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Sam Foster
IET Schools Liason South Yorkshire Network
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.