Increase font size
Topic Title: HNC Electrical and Electronical Engineering
Topic Summary: Senior Autherised Personel
Created On: 20 May 2012 02:57 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 20 May 2012 02:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

davemarsden

Hi all,

Im looking at training to become a Senior Autherised Person, My dad used to do this job but sadly he passed away.

I have completed a 4 year apprenticeship to become an electrician and now i want to train to become a SAP which you need a HNC in electrical engineering before you can do this.

Im just wondering if anyone has completed an Open Learning course (As i work full time as an electrician and dont have time to do a one day a week course) - if so were did you do it and has it been successful in getting you a better job.

Kind Regards
Dave
 13 September 2013 10:49 PM

danielsemaj

hi dave

i know this post is old and you might already be doing the qualification and may well be working as a SAP

i am currently on the road to becoming a 33KV SAP working for quite a large M & E firm

my question is what HNC/HND did you do? as i am doing it the other way. i am kind of working as a SAP but i want to have the HNC under my belt?
 29 September 2013 01:28 AM

kengreen

Hello,

I think that last post from Daniel illustrates the point that very often experience on-the-job can be more valued than bits of paper! Certainly the difference in a qualified employee and one seeking to advance to SAP is just that - experience.

If you want to advance the most important thing is to keep moving - but do it intelligently. Always look beyond the post for which you are applying and your need is for advance in both technical ability and that more subtle art - man management.

Ken Green
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.