Increase font size
Topic Title: Pat Testing courses
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05 May 2012 01:57 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05 May 2012 01:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

novaspace

Hi
I am getting confused reading about pat testing courses.
Some of them offers just a course + Certificate of Competence like this one http://www.pat-testing-expert.com/training/index.php for 195.

And some City & Guilds 2377 - 2 Day Course for £250 +VAT with multiple choice exam.

In both no previous electrical knowledge or qualifications are required.

My question is which certificate is the proper one? I do not want to pay for a course and get a certificate which is not recognized by clients or employers.

regards
 05 May 2012 10:05 PM

thomas123

c and g 2377 is the proper one. stick with that.

I just asked my local college if i can sit the exam, i paid roughly £50 for it.

If your already in the trade, you dont need to do the course. its too easy
 08 May 2012 12:48 PM

marclambert

Hi, as per previous, C&G 2377 is the one to go for. Not sure where you are but we offer the 1 day course inc the exam for 2377 for £195 +VAT. Lunch included !!
http://www.dcet.co.uk/electric...ancetest/2377-12.ashx
Regards
Marc
 07 June 2012 11:18 PM

BarryAtkins

Hi,
If you have no previous electrical experience then you would probably need to sit a course to fully understand the topic. Depending upon where you are in the country you could sit one of the competence based courses which are ran by us in various areas around the country. pat-testing-course.com has also a variety of courses as well as a PAT Testing DVD with online exam option which will allow you to learn in your own time at a fraction of the cost.

The main difference between the competency based courses and the 2377 courses is the format of the course and syllabus. With the competency based courses you can be a little more flexible and gear the course more on the practical and "real world" issues whereas with the City and Guilds courses such as these electricaltrainingcourse.co.uk/pat-testing you have to rigidly stick to the City and Guilds syllabus which can sometimes be pretty technical.

Hope this helps.

Barry Atkins
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.