IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Applicants with learning difficulties?
Topic Summary: looking for a little advice.
Created On: 24 January 2012 11:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 24 January 2012 11:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

I'm a final year Mechatronics student at Edinburgh Napier university, and I'm keen to embark upon a career but I have a pretty significant concern.

I appreciate there are a significant volume of applicants from an array of different backgrounds, courses and institutes. which has given rise to the concern that; how can I distinguish myself as being capable when through learning difficulties my actual ability is not reflected in my marks.

I'm well aware that report writing is still a factor in any job, but I'm a capable communicator and can explain myself verbally much better than I can in writing.

I'm sure the members of this community can appreciate how this can play on the mind of someone about to leave university, and it certainly does not do one's confidence any favours either. The process of applying is daunting enough without the worry that less-than-exceptional grades will reduce any chance further.

I should really add; I myself am twenty-nine years of age and have a bit of experience in the 'real' world, but I'm also asking on behalf of two of my colleagues who are in a similar position, but a good deal younger.

so, on behalf of my colleagues and myself;
Thanks for any advice.

Yours.

Nick H.

Edited: 24 January 2012 at 11:48 PM by 08016518
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.