IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: does having 2330 level make you a spark?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 21 February 2010 12:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 21 February 2010 01:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

westonpa

23 February 2010 07:34 PM

phil7677

the 2330 shows you have the underpinning knowledge needed when you are a spark. he would also be best doing the nvq3 (2356) that goes with it and as well as the experience that you cant get from anywhere but being on the job. then of course there are the regs courses and the 2391 after you have gained some site and testing experience. the 2330 is a good start and may open a few doors whilst he is doing it. feel free to pm me if you need any more information.
 24 February 2010 06:48 PM

rh2577

Originally posted by: mavio

Just asking as friend of mine is looking to become a spark and was told he would be a spark if he gained this qualification at local college.

It depends what you define as a spark. I do not have this qualification but still consider myself to be an electrician. My route was via ONC/HNC and an apprenticeship in a factory environment repairing and fault finding on automated machinery and other equipment.

However, in line with other comments, I would recommend getting as much experience on the job in whatever field your friend is interested in.

-------------------------
Rob Heywood MIET

As you get older, three things happen, the first is that your memory goes and..........I can't recall what the other two things are!

Norman Wisdom
 25 February 2010 05:18 PM

fraserd

Im in the process of JIB grading and am a bit pi$$3d off with it to say the least, i studied 2330 lvl2 and 3 2382-10 and struggled to find employment as it was at the peak of the recession and probably my age pushing 30 and so was kind of forced into going self employed and have been subby for circa 1yr now and because of this couldnt gain nvq3, not through lack of trying, now possibility of site work so ecs card needed and with my quals all i can get is a labourers card a bit of a joke really i just feel like giving it all up, even a trainee card would be nice but no i have to be employed for this, there must be quite a few people in this situation. rant over.
 01 March 2010 04:50 AM

TCSC

I think you can be self employed and still do the C&G 2356 NVQ. All you need is to be doing relevent work that the assessor can look at. I have known self employed workers do the NVQ.
 11 April 2010 07:53 PM

scottyscott

I hope you're right TCSC, that would be such a relief!
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.