IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What book is best for revision?
Topic Summary: 2391 Written Exam
Created On: 15 February 2010 08:28 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 15 February 2010 08:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

mavio

Hi there,

Got my 2391 test on march 11 and I am Sh11ting myself, I cant seem to remember the terminolgy I know testing back to front but its putting it down on paper I have problems with. Im goin to buy the C&G exam success book, but im stuck on whether i should get GN3 or Practical Guide to Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations:

Any advice would be great or any tips on how you revise for these exams.
 15 February 2010 09:09 PM

jud720

Hey mavio, i took my 2391 in December 2009 and passed 80) GN3 is a must and the exam success book is good too, what i found really good was the revision papers from Britannia training, they helped a lot. what i did was revise an hour a night which really helped as this stuff is hard to keep in your head for long.

good luck with your exam

Jud
 17 February 2010 06:44 PM

mavio

thanks jud720, think i will buy the GN3, I know what you mean about keeping the terms in your head, im used to sparky lingo lol and building site rhyming slang so trying to go back to correct terminolgy is my biggest challenge lol

Thanks again ill keep ya posted on how I get on. What type of question were you mostly asked? or was it all different stuff?
 19 February 2010 05:01 PM

jud720

all different really mate, what i did was try to get hold of previous papers and find the answer in GN3 and highlight it, you will soon find that a lot of questions are similar but worded different. i always found section 1 harder as if you have on site knowledge then section 2 should not be too much trouble.

i think the only way to revise for this exam is past papers as just reading GN3 is just too hard going. they always ask you questions on different types of paper work earthing arrangements Ze paths and i had to draw the 3 step ring main test with expected results at each step, sounds a lot until you do it then its not a prob, if you keep chipping away at it, it does start to sink in

cheers

jud
 19 March 2010 03:18 PM

deleted_1_justiceinvestigator

Originally posted by: mavio
Hi there,

Got my 2391 test on march 11 and I am Sh11ting myself, I cant seem to remember the terminolgy I know testing back to front but its putting it down on paper I have problems with. Im goin to buy the C&G exam success book, but im stuck on whether i should get GN3 or Practical Guide to Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations:

Any advice would be great or any tips on how you revise for these exams.

Apologies Mavio, only just got back into the forum.

How did you find the exam?

-------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------
www.totalelectricaltraining.com
www.totalcommstraining.com
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.