IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Colu HNC Electrical engineering
Topic Summary: Startinging the course. any advice/anyone want to share coursework
Created On: 04 December 2009 10:13 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04 December 2009 10:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

grahamtomo

Hi,
I am going to start the COLU Electrical engineering course in January and I was wondering if anyone would like to get together with regards to the coursework.
I have read on this forum that people team up with the aim of speeding up the process of completeing the course but i'm not entirely sure how they do it???
I would appreciate it if anyone could offer me any advice.

Thanks

Graham
 05 December 2009 10:51 AM

westonpa

If you want to share ideas then I suggest you let people know an email address so they can contact you.

Do make use of the websites people have suggested in the other COLU posts.

If you decide to post questions here, because you need more info on a problem you are stuck on, do post it properly and with an explanation of what/where you have already done/looked to solve the problem. Also post the relevant information on the problem. Time spent doing this helps others to help you, shows you have made an attempt at the solution and saves us suggesting things you have already done.

Do make use of the COLU tutors if you get stuck, especially the online ones, because you paid for their help in your module costs. However do make a reasonable attempt at the solution before you contact them and you will probably then understand their help a little better.

If the going gets tough at times......it's supposed to it's higher level study.

Be careful about taking advice from other students because they may be totally wrong and lead you the same way.....or vice versa. Share ideas but try to work on problems seperately......if you then arrive at very similar or same answers the probabilities would suggest you are on the right track.

Remember for most engineering problems there are several ways to solve them......you only generally get one in the course material. Use the websites and other sources for other ways to solve a problem, if required. Doing this checks your other method, if you get the same answer, and helps your understanding.

Regards.
 09 December 2009 03:41 PM

deleted_15_BK

Hi, I have recently started (October). I have completed TMA1 (quite enjoyed it, for some sadistic reason), completed TMA 2, personally I found it a nightmare took me much longer than I had hoped (awaiting results). Next section seems ok probably be asking for the next TMA this week.

I am snowed under at work at the moment too, so you might catch up. I forgot how hard distance learning can be. My E Mail is: kev.name@yahoo.co.uk
 17 December 2009 07:14 PM

fadagong

I am currently doing the hnc, am on ENG SCIENCE module so u can get in touch
 07 February 2010 08:06 PM

deleted_15_BK

How you getting ?
 03 March 2010 03:21 PM

robmac72

Originally posted by: grahamtomo

Hi,

I am going to start the COLU Electrical engineering course in January and I was wondering if anyone would like to get together with regards to the coursework.

I have read on this forum that people team up with the aim of speeding up the process of completeing the course but i'm not entirely sure how they do it???

I would appreciate it if anyone could offer me any advice.

I have just sent off for my enrolment form and planning start asap on the HNC E&E I would be happy to get together with anyone i think problem shared is a problem halfed
Thanks
Oh my email is robmac72@btinternet.com if anyone is interested?

Thanks

Graham
 09 March 2010 10:19 AM

typhoonely

Hi everyone, i'm just about to atempt TMA1, think its all going in thus far! how is everyone finding it?

Has anyone had a end of module interview yet? Do they just go through your assignments with you or is it a set of questions etc?

If anyone wants to throw a few ideas about, then drop us an email at
martinely06@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers
 16 March 2010 08:00 PM

fadagong

sorry i didn't left my email , it is fadagong@hotmail.com
 04 May 2010 07:00 PM

typhoonely

How's everyone finding it so far? I have just started TMA 3 on ens. Come unstuck a bit on question 3, but overal im finding this a lot better than the first two assignments! I reckon it's gonna be a long old slog to get the whole thing done within a couple of years which is the target i have set myself when i set out!
 09 May 2010 02:28 PM

bomber284

This Mechanical stuff is driving me crazy, but perserverance is the Key i think when all else fails.
 24 May 2010 04:01 PM

pvb1968

Im doing hnc mechanical engineering.
I did the maths bridging module first , eng science tma 1 is done , 2,3,4 and 5 all reffered.
on tma 2 q3 and d,e,and f to part 7 were reffered , pass marks must be high.
on the other tma,s 50% plus of questions answered are correct so far.
If anyone wants to share brain cells please do before my head explodes.

email pvbslb@yahoo.co.uk
 12 July 2012 04:45 PM

ImechEman

Hi, I have nearly finished TMA 1 for the Maths and wondered if anyone has assignments for TMA 1 + 2 I could use for comparison???
 12 July 2012 04:46 PM

ImechEman

How you getting on with the TMA1 typhoonely?
 09 August 2012 12:55 PM

typhoonely

I passedTMA 1 with a merit..... Iv had a few month's off the hnc for one reason and another. But I have picked it up again this week and I'm now on TMA 2 q4, So far so good..... If you want you can contact me on martin.ely@baesystems.com (Work) or martinely06@hotmail.co.uk (home)
 20 September 2012 06:46 PM

TesterJohn

Any one you guys want to share anything regarding TMA2...really stuck on this one!

johnmcn1@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks in advance
 23 January 2013 07:59 PM

Greenstxr

Can any 1 help me with with maths tma 1 pls?
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.