Topic Summary: Appointments.
Created On: 27 September 2017 04:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Landlords and Tenants.   - Zoomup - 27 September 2017 04:11 PM  
 Landlords and Tenants.   - KFH - 27 September 2017 04:30 PM  
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 27 September 2017 04:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Zoomup

HellllllOOOOOooo All,
does anyone on the forum have problems making appointments to do electrical work with tenants? Do you arrange the appointment directly with the tenant or would you expect the landlord or his/her agent to attend to let you into the premises and pay you when finished?

I am eager to know,

Bye,

Z.
 27 September 2017 04:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

KFH

I have done both and it is much easier when the landlord organises it and arranges for the tenant to be in or to let you in if the tenant agrees. I do not like doing them when there is no one there, apart from lone working there is the issue of being suspected of theft. I used to do a lot with cash registers in shops and would always insist that the cash was removed before I touched them. They would always say but we trust you, to which my reply was "if there is a discrepancy in the cashing up at the end of the day everyone who has been near the cash will be a suspect, if I have not been near the cash i cannot be a suspect"

I have spent hours on phone or knocking on doors and leaving flyers when in the area, to try and catch people in or get them to phone me. It is a very time-consuming process. When you do get hold of someone they often ask you to ring back later as they do not know what shift they are on or when they are going on holiday or what the children are doing on a particular day, etc, etc and the whole process starts again.
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.