IET logo

IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Category 2 and Category 4 Safety Circuits
Topic Summary:
Created On: 26 September 2017 03:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Category 2 and Category 4 Safety Circuits   - Ainsley751 - 26 September 2017 03:32 PM  
 Category 2 and Category 4 Safety Circuits   - OMS - 26 September 2017 03:58 PM  
 Category 2 and Category 4 Safety Circuits   - Mal415 - 27 September 2017 07:28 AM  
 Category 2 and Category 4 Safety Circuits   - paulskyrme - 27 September 2017 07:10 PM  
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 26 September 2017 03:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Ainsley751

Hi,

I was hoping to find some help to do with CAT 2 and 4 safety circuits.

I've been given a bunch of questions, and one of them is to do with these safety circuits and the differences, and a wiring diagram of a Cat 4 Safety circuit, with 3 stops included.

I kind of understand the categories, having gone over it once very quickly on a PLC course. I get that the higher the category, the higher redundancy options and less chances of a fault affecting the safety circuit, but can't get it onto the paper in a drawing?

No one on my shift pattern seems to know either, so wasn't sure if it was a badly put question or anything?

Also, when it mentions dual channel, does that mean the stops are separate circuits, or each stop contains multiple NC contacts?

I'm sure I've forgotten other info I'm struggling with but any help would be appreciated,

thanks!
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.