IET logo

IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Neon Indicator and Operation of 32 Amp. M.C.B.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 21 September 2017 09:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Neon Indicator and Operation of 32 Amp. M.C.B.   - Zoomup - 21 September 2017 09:41 AM  
 Neon Indicator and Operation of 32 Amp. M.C.B.   - broadgage - 21 September 2017 10:06 AM  
 Neon Indicator and Operation of 32 Amp. M.C.B.   - mapj1 - 21 September 2017 01:18 PM  
 Neon Indicator and Operation of 32 Amp. M.C.B.   - Zoomup - 22 September 2017 08:09 AM  
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 21 September 2017 09:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Zoomup

Mornin All,
yesterday an old boy called me out as he said that in the night he had operated the 20Amp. D.P. switch that controls his immersion heater. There is no time switch. He was trying to get the cheaper night time heating of his water I imagine. He said that there was a flash of light from the switch and then he lost power. The immersion heater has a switch with a neon indicator. The supply for the immersion heater is taken off the ring final and is protected by a B32 M.C.B.

The M.C.B. had operated, he then reset it.

I tested the immersion heater as being o.k. The system is TT earthed with a 30 m.A. R.C.D. I changed the rod stat for a new safety type with the over temperature limit switch.

Could a burnt out series resistor to a neon indicator cause an 32 Amp M.C.B. to trip off? It was sleeved but the sleeving was heat damaged and blackened.

Bye,

Z.
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.