Increase font size
Topic Title: Washing Machine/Dishwasher Extension Hose
Topic Summary:
Created On: 28 September 2017 01:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 28 September 2017 01:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

AncientMariner

I know it's not electrical, but I there are some good technical brains here!

For a prope.rty to be let out, I need to provide an extension hose to pass behind the built in dishwasher to a space for a tenant provided washing machine.

Bought a 1.5m extension hose from Amazon, but am not impressed with its rating.

It is marked, "P.E. 20/60 TEMP. 25 deg C MAX MADE IN ITALY / 2017"

I emailed the UK Distributer to ask for the pressure rating. Their reply, "20-60 bar is the pressure. As it is a cold hose there is no temperature rating."

I cannot believe that this soft grey hose is capable of 60 bar. That is 900 p.s.i. in round figures. Not far off what my pressure washer is capable of.

Am I being over cautious? Our water pressure is 5 bar.

I can get a better looking one, albeit with a right-angled end when I would prefer straight, from eBay which has an overall stainless steel braid.

Cheers!

Clive

-------------------------
Clive S Carver GCGI IEng MIET MITP
 28 September 2017 01:54 PM

geoffsd

Is it not the same as a normal feed hose?

If you buy a long enough one then you will need a right angle on the machine end.
 28 September 2017 01:56 PM

sparkingchip

One of our local plumbers merchants stocks long hoses, both inlet and outlet, so that would be my first port of call.

If your machine has a inlet control valve on the tap end of the inlet hose then you should be able to get a brass barrel nipple at the same time to attach an additional hose to the inlet hose, rather than swapping the complete hose.

Andy B.
 28 September 2017 02:07 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

OlympusMons

just found this one http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/h...3-5m-17316307-pdt.html that says it can take 60 bar at 25deg C, less if hotter.
Geoff is right, you will probably need the 90deg bend since most inlets are on the back of the wm. And it makes sense to use a 3/4" nipple to extend the existing
What about a waste water extension hose? The WM will come with one, but you might need a hose coupling with 2 jubilee clips to extend it to where your waste is.
 28 September 2017 02:13 PM

geoffsd

Surely it would be better to supply one which can be used on its own rather than connect an 'extension' to the standard WM feed.

3.5m. for £6.99 at Curry's - just the first that appeared.
 28 September 2017 04:12 PM

AncientMariner

As the landlord, I do not want a tenant trying to remove a built in dishwasher and cabinet plinth in order to thread their hose through. Admittedly the alternative would be to fit a longer than normal hose and leave that coiled up, but...

Clive

28 September 2017 05:37 PM

geoffsd

You could always extend the plumbing to the new position.

I would not trust a tenant to connect the waste pipe to another.
 07 October 2017 10:00 PM

AncientMariner

Well, for the washing machine, I obtained a stainless steel braided hose rated for commercial kitchen use. This can run from the tap beneath the sink and behind the dishwasher.

Now that the kitchen fitter has finished, I removed the rubber extension hose they had fitted for the dishwasher (the Bosch dishwasher has the filling valve at the tap coupling with a sheathed hose to alleviate leaks from burst hoses). So extended the 15mm copper from the second cold tap beneath the sink to beneath the plinth with a decent ball valve for isolation. Also took the opportunity to replace push fit fittings with Conex; the rest of the copper in one piece with a couple of bends - I knew that pipe bender would come in useful!

Clive

Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.