Increase font size
Topic Title: Amtech Support
Topic Summary:
Created On: 23 July 2015 02:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 23 July 2015 02:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Zs

Dear Amtech,

I have been trying to contact your technical support department for the last two hours. I have left a message as instructed and details of my contact and license number and have re dialled several times.

After a fair wait I hear the automated voice saying 'There is nobody to talk to you at the moment'.

That's a shocking announcement. It might as well say get lost.

The premier care arrangement costs £500 a year. It isn't all that premier is it?

Problem is Amtech, that not being able to access technical support in such a long time means not meeting a deadline for delivery of certificates, I'm sure you've heard it before but you are charging me money and at the same time introducing inefficiency into my business and reputation.

I'd be interested to know what you are planning to do about the lack of access to technical support.

Zs
 23 July 2015 05:11 PM

michaelbrett

Hi Zs

In my expereience they are pretty good at ringing back (not making excuses for them nor do I have any commercial relationship with them).

Whats the issue - can I help you with solving your problem?

Regards

Mike
 23 July 2015 05:54 PM

Zs

Thank you Michael,

I am sure you could help and sure you could do it better than the Trimble group too. But for the sake of the £500 I invested specifically for the tech support Amtech are going to get this repeated from the rooftops of the industry until they provide a response on their help line when their customers need advice on the software.

I will try again tomorrow. I've been waiting so eagerly for the call that I didn't dare go for a pee until after 5.

As you can tell, they never called back. How do companies get away with this? something like this would see me out of business in no time. It strikes me as a kind of a theft.

Hey ho, at least I got them done the long way round.

But thank you, I suggest you set up a rival tech support line...I'm in

Zs
 23 July 2015 06:06 PM

daveparry1

I don't know why any of you bother patronising these software suppliers, Mk. 1 ballpoint for me!
Joking of course, I know it depends on how much work and certificating you do but it does seem to cause quite a few problems considering the costs involved!
 23 July 2015 06:46 PM

RJB83

Originally posted by: Zs

Dear Amtech,

I have been trying to contact your technical support department for the last two hours. I have left a message as instructed and details of my contact and license number and have re dialled several times.

That's strange because they must of phoned me 50 times when they thought our company was going to buy an additional license!!!!

-------------------------
Regards,

Rich
 24 July 2015 09:37 PM

timothyarnold

Originally posted by: penrynrugby

That's strange because they must of phoned me 50 times when they thought our company was going to buy an additional license!!!!

You are right... Because they called me 50 times too!

It's a shame as i have previously found that their Tech support is good. The only problem I have ever had is a software bug in their 'cheap' software and they couldn't provide a fix or software update and the answer was to buy the more expensive software!

I imagine the terms and conditions for premier supoort mean that you are entitled to nothing, and should be greatful for it...
 25 July 2015 12:30 PM

lyledunn

I understand your frustration Zs. I found Amtech Fast Test a good solid programme but fraught with niggly little issues. The support was good unless it was Friday afternoon. I used to do all my documentation on Friday and over the week end so support was really non-existent. My comments relate to what Amtech offered several years ago so any one reading this should not be put off investigating their wares.

Regards,

Lyle Dunn
 25 July 2015 03:23 PM

John Peckham

I have the Amtech Prodesign package that cost an arm and a leg plus additional arms and legs each year to keep up to date.

I love my ProDesign but hate the Fast Test that comes with it. I did play with it when I first got it but gave up having to work at it to make it work. I don't use it all and much prefer my Easycert package as you see the form you are filling out on screen and go backwards and forwards through the certificate you are constructing effortlessly. I has a validate and spell check button that I us to point out my errors and as it says on the tin it is "easy".

I was once told if you have to work at using a piece of software it is not your fault it is the fault of the software.

I did use the Amtech help line a couple of months and got put through to the "we will call you back option". By the time they had called back several hours later I had worked out the solution to my problem all by myself. Perhaps that is why Amtech do the call back option but it is not unreasonable I should not be able to talk to an expert human being when I am paying £100 month ( one £1200ish paymnt once a year) for support.

John Peckham

http://www.astutetechnicalservices.co.uk/
 28 September 2015 05:20 PM

John Peckham

I had a problem last week trying to update a computer to the latest edition of Prodesign. I called Amtech customer support and went around the automated respnse loop and then was told to leave a message and someone would call me back as there was no one available.

Well Amtech did call me the same day but not to answer my inquiry but to ask if I was going to renew my customer support package at a price going on £1200! I pointed out to the sales man that I would consider it as that day I had asked for support by phone and was waiting for a call back. He told me the time of my call and I pointed out I was still waiting and not very happy. His excuse was " we have thousands of customers". I told him in no uncertain terms what I thought about that response.

I have just had a customer feedback to fill out about my recent call to Amtech for support. I finished off the response with "Great software cr*p customer service.

2 phone calls in one year to them equates to getting on for £600 a phone call! Admittedly my software has been updated to AMD3 in that time.

John Peckham

http://www.astutetechnicalservices.co.uk/
 28 September 2015 08:24 PM

Zs

We are all doing something very wrong aren't we?

I think maybe we should all buy a gastro pub together and make it a big success with a quirky name. Surely it must be less expensive than our pooled expenses? I can do a decent steak pie and fish pie and sing happy birthday on demand. I can even wire it up for us. Between us we must surely be sorted?

While I type, my iTunes software is updating itself for free. Then there's my pal Picasa who has just downloaded 162 photographs of distribution boards for free and Word 2013 (which did cost about £90) which does fantastic things with contents pages and headings. Quality stuff.

We are all mad.

But fear not JP, I shall be at my desk writing reports for a few days in the next week or so. At 9 am I put in a call to Amtech support and then as I find the issues I write them on a notepad next to me so that when they do, eventually, call back I have a list of what to ask about and might not have been held up for too long.

Zs
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.