Increase font size
Topic Title: Hello
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07 June 2015 05:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07 June 2015 05:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Zs

Hello,

A brief note because some of you are enquiring after me.

I very much appreciate it.

I've not run away.

Busy keeping a watch-eye on one of our own who has the worst kind of depression and I seem to have a season ticket to experiences I'd rather not be having lately.

Plus a Thomas Higgins Debt Recovery going on at the same time. This one looks as though it will go all the way and the form filling and crossing of T's is immense. However, they give good advice on how to make sure that your claim is bullet proof.

But thank you. Bit rough, look like a dog's dinner, need a hug and so on but I have a guitar and a great shed to hide in!

Thank you, you are very kind chaps and I'm glad to know you.

Zs
 07 June 2015 06:14 PM

Cremeegg

Yes I had wondered why this forum was missing one of its most interesting posters. I'd assumed you were up in the Hebrides songwriting, guitar in one hand, glass of red in the other.

Glad you are well and you are to be commended for looking after someones Black Dog. There but for the grace of our God go any of us.
 07 June 2015 06:40 PM

daveparry1

Hope you get your problems sorted out soon Zs,
best wishes,
Dave.
 07 June 2015 07:21 PM

sparkingchip

Happy Birthday Dave

07 June 2015 07:41 PM

daveparry1

Thanks Andy.
 07 June 2015 09:01 PM

sparkingchip

Is that a "Thanks Andy"

Or a "Thanks Andy"

I trust you are behaving disgracefully whilst clocking up the years, I think it is the only way to go being just over a year away from a milestone birthday myself
 07 June 2015 09:09 PM

daveparry1

It's a genuine thank you Andy!
 08 June 2015 09:01 AM

Zoomup

Hello Zs,
It is lovely to hear from you. I am so glad that you are up and about.

Just plod Zs, when I can not run I just plod along and all seems to get done despite that. All comes right in the end with plodding.

I know how you feel about pressures of life. I have been working so hard recently I nearly reached burn out. Great physical and mental stress. At church recently I nearly broke down in tears after a lovely hymn moved me. I then had to play a short solo recorder tune and and sing a solo song, with tears in my eyes. I just said, the show must go on. I plodded, and it did.

Be strong Zs. You are in our thoughts and prayers. You will win in the long run. Cos right is MIGHT.

Good luck,

Z.
 08 June 2015 10:11 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

mapj1

It sounds glib, but it is important to try not to let it get to you. And, in terms of depressed colleagues, don't under value what you are doing, and equally remember to look after yourself also - such things can be surprisingly draining/ worrying and therefore a bit contagious sometimes.

You also sound like you need your sleep and time to go and feed the ducks or mix cement or whatever unwinds you - and they will eventually need to find their thing too.

I also go and spend hours planning things for unruly teams of scouts to go and do but that is my own personal escape.

-------------------------
regards Mike
 08 June 2015 11:22 AM

GB

Best wishes Zs

Your informed/witty/heartfelt/ warm posts are sadly missed so chip in as soon as you can!!

Its the Warm I was searching for, but got there in the end....bit slow on a Monday

08 June 2015 06:49 PM

slittle

Zs,

I've got to agree 100% with Mikes post. Take it easy and take care of yourself.

I've had loads going on outside of work along with being really busy so haven't looked at the forum very much lately.

Chin up

Stu
 08 June 2015 08:15 PM

dickllewellyn

Good to hear from you ZS. Enjoy the guitar shed, don't stay in there too long though!

-------------------------
Regards
Richard (Dick)

"Insert words of wisdom and/or witty pun here"
 08 June 2015 10:41 PM

Phillron

If ever I begin to get overwhelmed by the tortures of life,I remind myself that others endure suffering of all sorts on a daily basis
I tell myself that I don't have insurmountable worries,I have (in comparison to these unfortunate souls throughout the world)
I have inconveniences only

May your troubles ease and your optimism be sustained and better fortune find you soon
 08 June 2015 11:08 PM

Zs

Aah, big thanks, d'you see a headline article in the electrical press recently on the subject of stress in our trade in decline? Objection your honour, not from what I see right now.

When you have a friend in such distress it's actually pretty easy to put everything else on the back burner and it comes naturally. Electricians, I reckon, are complicated characters and I think it has its base in being a grass-roots ''Ello Treacle' kind of tradesman at the same time as having to understand some science and physics. I'd say we are the bright cookies on site. However, when the brain mis-fires in one of our pals we are impotent and the system is flawed. That much I know for certain but I'll save that rant for the Daily mail or something when this gets better. He and I have reached the point of the most blunt conversation you could imagine. I made the stupidest mistake of 'looking inside' the book he bought himself from amazon (160 pages of look inside I might add, and I didn't look at much of it) and now struggle with what I saw in there.

I spent 9 hours in church today Zoomster...the outcome was 'Unsatisfactory' Must remember to send certs and an invoice for the EICR I might take you up on that PM open mic invitation some day just for the life-experience of meeting you, but I fear I might be a very passable Seasick Steve at the mo, so brace yourself.

Plodding. Amazing though, the diary is filling like mad.

Cross your fingers for one of our mates, not me. No names because of the google links but I'll keep you in the loop.

And oh, Thomas Higgins....this one is my Ltd Company against a non Limited. They are being extremely helpful in making sure that I have everything in place and my £2 so far is well spent. The letter hasn't gone out yet because they want to be sure that it is all correct (you have to send advice on Debt recovery counselling to an individual before action, with phone numbers of advice lines and things like that) but once things settle down here in Zs land I'll find one of the old threads and add to it. Remind me.

Off to sleep in my Spiderman Onesie on IET embroidered pillows.

Zs
 08 June 2015 11:17 PM

sparkingchip

when you're ready for bed don't forget to use your best mug for the hot chocolate

and wear your best T-shirt

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/electrical+engineer+gifts
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.