IET logo

IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: .Installation of electrical charging point on PME supply .
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03 April 2017 04:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 .Installation of electrical charging point on PME supply .   - AdamKuzack - 03 April 2017 04:56 PM  
 .Installation of electrical charging point on PME supply .   - mapj1 - 03 April 2017 11:29 PM  
 .Installation of electrical charging point on PME supply .   - AdamKuzack - 04 April 2017 08:28 AM  
 .Installation of electrical charging point on PME supply .   - AJJewsbury - 04 April 2017 09:56 AM  
 .Installation of electrical charging point on PME supply .   - AdamKuzack - 04 April 2017 01:06 PM  
 .Installation of electrical charging point on PME supply .   - mapj1 - 04 April 2017 09:25 PM  
 .Installation of electrical charging point on PME supply .   - sparkingchip - 05 April 2017 05:03 PM  
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03 April 2017 04:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

AdamKuzack

Facts
Supply is PME
Electrical charging point to be located outside in the porch. Car will also be charged on the porch / driveway.

Regulation Section 722 general rule is that for Electrical charging point which is to be located outside PME supply should not be exported and either a) separate earthing electrode installed or b)isolating transformer.

However section 722 does allow exceptions to this in a dwelling where it is not reasonably practical for electrode to be installed .

Customer does not want earth electrode and would cause major disruption as new porch and house .

Can I make this an exception and not install electrode and export PME. I have assessed the porch and only metallic parts that are liable to be simultaneously touched is the gas pipe which I intend to cover with insulation foam and to cable tie.

Need views and opinions on this
Statistics

New here?

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.