An introduction to distributed generation, sometimes referred to as embedded generation.
This Factfile provides an introduction to Distributed Generation (DG), also sometimes referred to as embedded generation. It provides a high level summary of the following topics:
• the development and current structure of the electricity supply chain
• the drivers that have accelerated the recent growth of DG
• current and potential future DG technologies
• data on the current DG capacity in Great Britain
• issues of licensing and markets; and
• the impacts of DG on distribution systems