Special routes to professional registration are available in addition to the standard application route. Further information on all current routes can be found on this page.
Read what you need to do to register for EngTech
Special Registration Agreement
- Hold a NVQ L3 qualification in their trade or hold substantive corporal rank;
- Completion of a programme leading to NVQ L3; or a suitable qualification at QCF3 (or SCQF or EQF equivalent) or above;
- Clear demonstration to the satisfaction of the IET achievement of the same level of knowledge and understanding as the above. Examples of training and experience leading to the same level of personal technical contribution are required.
Download a professional registration pack.
Please note, if you are eligible for this route, you must send your application to be endorsed. Further details can be found here.
RAF approved apprenticeship
Technicians who have completed an IET approved apprenticeship.
Apply for EngTech registration.
Mapped route for JNCO roles.
Apply for EngTech registration
Why choose professional registration as an Engineering Technician?
- Internationally recognised qualification awarded by the Engineering Council (new window);
- Recognition of your expertise and hard work;
- Builds your competence;
- Higher earnings potential;
- Improved career prospects;
- Greater influence within your organisation and industry;
- Access to life-long learning;
- Acknowledgement that your skills are transferable.
- apply proven techniques and procedures to practical engineering problems?
- hold supervisory or technical responsibility?
- contribute to design, development, manufacture, commissioning, decommissioning or operation?
- maintain products, equipment, processes or services?
- show a creative approach to your work?
- apply safe systems of working?
If so, you can apply for professional registration.
Should you have any questions please contact us: