About Graduate Advantage
Graduate Advantage is a membership package which has been designed to help smooth your journey from graduation to employment.
In a tough jobs market, you need to grab every advantage you can to keep your skills and knowledge up to date and raise your profile with the people who count – employers. Graduate Advantage does exactly that. Sign up now.
Available to final year students and graduates within the first year of graduation, Graduate Advantage is a tailored package of benefits designed to showcase your achievements, raise your professional profile and deliver specific support - giving you a head start in your career whilst providing a professional advantage now and in the future.
Introducing the benefits of Graduate Advantage
- Discounted membership fee for one year following your graduation;
- An IET student membership certificate to showcase your membership and commitment to professionalism to prospective employers;
- Job-hunting and interview or employment checklist;
- Professional email alias (email@example.com);
- Career development resources;
- Access to Essential Engineering Intelligence® and knowledge.
And, if you transfer your membership from Student to Member (MIET) on completion of your degree course, you’ll also receive:
- Membership card, certificate and use of designatory letters;
- Personalised letter for your employer confirming your membership status;
- Employer leaflet – stating why as a member of the IET you are an asset to their workforce;
- Details of our Young Professional Buddy scheme;
- The right to qualify for Career Advantage – the next step in our Advantage programme.
Graduate Advantage – make a valuable career move before you’ve even got one.