Benefits available to Academic Affiliates
The IET’s Academic Affiliates service has been developed to maximise the collaborative engagement between Indian universities and colleges, and the IET.
The following products and services are available to IET Academic Affiliates in India:
Student chapter, events and activities
- Support to set-up an IET student chapter on campus;
- Facilitation of a local or international industrial speaker on campus;
- IET sponsored awards and competitions.
- 12 months of complimentary access to a selection of technical journals in the IET Digital Library (journal selection agreed by the IET);
- Inspec user training session – demonstrating how to use the IET’s indexing database of scientific and technical literature;
- Academic publishing workshops (subject to availability);
- Supply of IET magazines to your library; E&T, Flipside, IET Partner News.
- Lifeskills training courses which help students develop their existing skill sets and which are relevant to working life as a professional engineer (subject to charge);
- Opportunities to meet and network with professional engineers through the IET’s Local Networks and Young Professionals Sections;
- Professional ethics courses for engineers (subject to availability and charge).
- A yearly registration workshop can be held on campus or through an IET Local Network to explain the IET’s internationally recognised qualifications and the process involved in gaining them (subject to a minimum of 20 participants per session);
- Access to a professional registration advisor (PRA).
Networking and exposure
- Unique opportunities to network with the IET’s international partners from both academia and industry through exclusive IET Partner events held annually in UK, India and China;
- Opportunities to contribute to IET advisory panels, sectors and communities.
International recognition and image
- Ability to use IET Academic Affiliates logo on promotional material;
- Opportunity to recommend senior staff for IET Fellowship;
- Opportunity to showcase your university by submitting two articles a year for inclusion within IET Partner News magazine (published three times per year in hard copy and online).
Accreditation advisory visits can be arranged (subject to charge and availability).
Find out more about Academic accreditation.
You will have a dedicated account manager who will:
- be your primary point of contact within the IET;
- arrange regular visits;
- deliver presentations to your students about the IET and the benefits of membership;
- arrange resources and support.
Also of interest
Find out more about the benefits of student membership of the IET.
Find out more about the IET’s Graduate Advantage package, which provides a range of tailored products and services aimed at helping students after they graduate.
Who can I contact for further information?
Please contact the IET’s Bangalore office for further details:
Unit No. 1103
11th Floor, West Wing
M. G. Road
Tel: + 91 (80) 4149 8080
Tel: + 91 (80) 4189 2222