Academic Partner benefits
An overview of the diverse range of products and services available.
Academic Partners provides you and your students with an ever-evolving range of innovative products and services. Gaining Academic Partner status gives your university the opportunity to employ this active and inspiring portfolio, providing an energetic and lively interaction between the IET and your department.
Benefits available to Enhanced Academic Partners
In addition to receiving all of the benefits available to Academic Partners Enhanced Academic Partners also receive the following:
- Opportunity to submit articles for inclusion within IET Partner News magazine;
- IET facilitation support for summer and industrial placement activities and industrial visits for students;
- Facilitation of industrial speakers on campus.
Public policy visit
Visit by IET Head of Policy on campus to talk about engineering and technology issues in government.
Benefits available to Academic Partners
You will have a dedicated account manager who will:
- Arrange regular visits;
- Be your primary point of contact;
- Arrange resources and support;
- Support you with regular communications.
Professional registration workshops can be held on campus.
- CEng workshops for academics;
- Opportunities for work placement students to apply for professional registration with EngTech or ICTTech.
Opportunities for schools outreach
- A Resources for Schools pack containing three copies of each publication listed in the STEM Teaching Resources package:
- IET Faraday Information;
- E&T Education;
- engineering careers information;
- classroom poster set;
- fact files.
- Opportunity for students to promote their university at Faraday events across the UK;
- Copies of recent education related research carried out by the IET.
IET public policy documents
A monthly list via email of UK government consultations in E&T related areas of interest to the IET.
- IET Academic Partners logo;
- Web links.
As many of your senior staff may be eligible to apply for IET Fellowship, we welcome the opportunity to offer an Invitation to Fellow route to those individuals whom you have nominated.