Knowledge Management Board
Skills, knowledge and personal characteristics of a member of the board.
Board Member person specification
Each board member should be able to demonstrate as many as possible of the following skills:
- Understanding and commitment to the IET and its objectives;
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Board membership;
- The ability to make good, independent judgements;
- The ability to develop policy;
- High level strategic thinking and vision;
- Ability to assess performance;
- Ability to think creatively;
- Willingness to speak their mind;
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team;
- Ability to influence, empower and where necessary lead a team;
- Experience in one or more of the sectors of interest to the IET.
The Knowledge Management Board as an entity needs skills and experience in the following areas:
- Strategic leadership of a global organization;
- Governance and non-executive directorship;
- Serving the public interest;
- Strategic planning, and monitoring and evaluating performance in commercial and non-profit organisations;
- Policy development;
- Financial management;
- Risk management;
- Influencing stakeholders;
- Public relations/communication/marketing;
- Understanding of the international engineering and technology industry.
- Web-based information dissemination experience;
- Scientific/academic publishing knowledge;
- Conferences/events experience;
- Sales/advertising/marketing experience;
- Secondary publishing experience;
- Understanding of the community dynamic.
- Awareness of young persons issues.