To provide technology enabled solutions to business and customer problems.
To provide technology enabled solutions to business and customer problems. Utilising a broad set of project management, business analysis, systems analysis and architecture skills, and working closely with your colleagues across the business, you will own the solution to problems, typically from concept through to delivery.
35 hours per week, exclusive of meal breaks, plus as many as required to fulfill the needs of the post.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To work with business colleagues to identify opportunities for the application of technology and to frame problems and opportunities;
- To provide exceptional analysis and problem solving skills to refine a problem and come up with one or more solutions which fit in with the overall systems architecture and standards of the IET;
- To manage the end to end delivery of the solution, or to manage the technical stream of the solution as appropriate;
- To define product scope, requirements and to draft impact assessments;
- To build in depth understanding of relevant areas of IET systems architecture and capabilities;
- To manage internal and external stakeholders;
- To drive improvement in underlying architectures and capabilities of the IET;
- With internal teams define the tasks, resources, and estimated effort to complete a project;
- Undertake any other duties and projects at the request of the Line Manager;
- Comply with data protection legislation and act responsibly on matters of data disclosure both internally and to third parties;
- Keep up to date on Health and Safety and Fire policies for the organisation and to attend mandatory updates where required.
- Excellent problem solver with good analysis, design and testing knowledge;
- Able to demonstrate track record of end to end problem analysis and solution;
- Broad technical knowledge, and ability to quickly assimilate new skills;
- Experience in managing development projects;
- Must be comfortable working closely with all levels of staff, members and senior management;
- Experienced at leading teams;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Experience of managing project budgets;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Has a ‘get on and get the job done’ attitude;
- Experience of managing contractors and third party providers;
- Experience of maintaining full system documentation;
- Experience of managing outsourced IT services;
- Excellent self motivation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships across professional and organisational boundaries and encourage participation and knowledge sharing with other stakeholders.
- Experience of publishing information content and products;
- Degree or equivalent experience.