Strategic Analysis and Planning Executive
To support the IET in achieving its goals by providing robust market and competitor analysis, based on high quality research (in-house and commissioned). To manage stakeholders across the IET through the annual strategic planning round.
Reports to: Head of Strategy & International Development
Accountable to: Business Performance and Planning Director
Hours: 35 hours per week, exclusive of meal breaks, plus as many as required to fulfil the needs of the post
Location: Michael Faraday House, Stevenage
To support the IET in achieving its goals by providing robust market and competitor analysis, based on high quality research (in-house and commissioned).
To manage stakeholders across the IET through the annual strategic planning round.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (not necessarily in priority order):
- Proactively monitor and analyse market trends and competitor activity to identify challenges and growth opportunities for the organisation and support strategic decision making across the IET;
- Work closely with managers and stakeholders across the IET to develop a robust view of future opportunities and challenges, and recommendations on how to approach them;
- Distribute timely intelligence reports to the appropriate IET business units;
- Support the IET’s partnerships strategy by analysing key international markets – assessing the Professional Engineering Institution landscape and identifying partnering opportunities;
- Manage key stakeholders through the annual strategic planning round – provide effective corporate-wide communications and supporting market/competitor analysis;
- Support communication of the corporate strategy and plans and deliver key corporate communications including monthly progress reports to the Board;
- Identify value-adding projects and take responsibility for completing them;
- Initiate tasks, agree timescales and prioritise workload with line manager;
- Undertake any other duties and projects as requested by the line manager;
- To undertake any other duties and projects at the request of the line manager;
- To comply with data protection legislation and act responsibly on matters of data disclosure both internally and to third parties;
- To be familiar with the Health and Safety and Fire policies for the organisation and to attend mandatory updates where required.
Professional, strategy focused, market analyst with excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Graduate or equivalent, with demonstrable experience in competitor/market analysis;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Report writing and ability to make convincing presentations at a senior level;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload and to work semi-autonomously;
- Proactive and flexible approach;
- Good IT skills;
- A Basic Disclosure check which will be conducted at the start of employment and then every two years.
- Experience in business planning;
- Experience in strategy development;
- Advanced level Excel.