Regional Account Manager
The role will concentrate on the engineering, IT and Communications sectors to sell the benefits of membership and supporting products and services, maximizing revenue from membership sales and increasing the IET market presence within a specified geographical region.
Reports to: Regional Development Manager
Accountable to: Head of Membership
Hours: 35 hours per week, exclusive of meal breaks, plus as many as required to fulfil the needs of the post
Band: C (plus car allowance)
Location: Michael Faraday House, Six Hills, Way, Stevenage
Main duties and responsibilities
- To achieve agreed annual membership sales targets.
- To proactively work with existing partners to develop membership opportunities.
- Effectively share information within membership team to provide further regional membership recruitment opportunities
- Work collaboratively with internal departments to ensure that effective delivery of service.
- To work with the RDM’s to deliver presentations to Students and Apprentices
- To support stand duty events across the regions
- Identify new partner opportunities for the RDMs to follow up on
- To work with other IET departments and ensure Regional leads and contacts are qualified then distributed
- Arrange/support/cover RDM partnership meetings as required, to ensure maximum membership potential is realised
- Feeding potential Corporate or Enterprise partner leads to relevant RDM, and identifying further potential across all regions
- Liaise with RDM to ensure membership prediction spreadsheets are up to date
- To support/cover the Partnership & Development Executive role as and when required and follow up membership leads and collect payment
- Ensure Company Based Registration Scheme leads are passed to relevant team member to ensure timely follow up
- Log and initially follow up all new leads per region
- Work across all accounts to co-ordinate national activity
- Obtain purchase orders or payment as required.
- To work closely with the Retention Team to ensure third party schemes are run in accordance with internal processes and meet customer expectations
- Working with the Account Manager and Regional Development Managers to ensure a consistent approach across all CP companies.
- To record all account activity on the CRM System (Microsoft Dynamics).
- Follow up RDM attendance sheets after presentation to collect payment
- To undertake any reasonable duties and projects as requested by the Partnership and Development Manager
- To travel throughout the UK regularly and occasional overseas travel
- Degree/equivalent qualification or an equivalent level of competence.
- Demonstrable track record in sales and/or customer relationship management
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels internally and externally.
- Excellent team-working, interpersonal and coordinating skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral and presentational.
- Good level of IT skills – Microsoft Office.
- Full driving License
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Account Management experience
- Knowledge of the engineering and IT & communications sectors