Member and Customer Service Executive (FTC - 6 Months)
To administer registrations and process payments for events, short courses, publications, journals, e-publications and memorabilia products.
Reports to: Team Manager
Accountable to: Member & Customer Services Manager
Hours: 35 hours per week, exclusive of meal breaks, plus as many as required to fulfil the needs of the post
Location: Michael Faraday House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage
To administer registrations and process payments for events, short courses, publications, journals, e-publications and memorabilia products. Provide a comprehensive customer service for all products sold and events organised by the IET.
Reporting to the Team Manager and working in close liaison with colleagues and other team members to provide a cohesive and professional service to members and non-member customers which exceed their expectations.
This role requires access to Credit Cardholder Data and you will be required to submit to regular Disclosure checks. You will be required to undertake formal system training and PCI DSS compliance training before becoming authorised to have access to Cardholder Data.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (Not necessarily in priority order)
- To be responsible for handling and resolving enquiries from customers, suppliers, staff and members for products, events and short courses, by post, email, fax and telephone, to include the dispatch of relevant material;
- To be responsible for the smooth and efficient processing of all delegate registrations, sales orders and communications received by the team for all products, courses and events ensuring that procedures are adhered to;
- To process payments through the computer system and generate cash receipts or customer accounts and invoices for approved credit customers; dispatch computer generated invoices/receipts and pro-forma invoices;
- To be responsible for chasing provisional bookings for outstanding payments;
- To comply with all security procedures and processes to ensure the security and confidentiality of customer payment and contact details;
- To match up purchase orders from approved credit customer’s with registration forms, chase for missing purchase orders and maintain financial records on a daily basis;
- To raise credit notes and process refunds for cancelled events or where delegate requirements change and re-invoice if necessary;
- Where required take and process on site customer payments, complying with correct financial procedures;
- To be responsible for preparing event registration statistics as and when required by the Team Manager, Courses Unit Manager, Event Manager/Executive;
- To process late registrations after event is completed and check for any missing invoices/payments;
- To be responsible for maintaining historical records on individual events;
- To maintain financial and other records for Departmental/Legal/Customs and Excise/Inland Revenue/Audit/other Department purposes;
- To be proactive and responsive to all members and customers enquiries, within agreed deadlines and service level agreements promoting a customer focused culture;
- To be responsible for providing an efficient and seamless service of high quality at all times;
- To provide accurate and detailed information to members and customers, both internal and external, in line with departmental procedures or as agreed with the Team Manager;
- To take ownership of and resolve, whether at source or via referral, any member and customer queries or complaints which are received by email, post, telephone and fax;
- Ensure these are recorded onto the IET’s customer feedback system and that set procedures are followed;
- To encourage members and customers to provide feedback on all aspects of the IET’s products and services;
- To actively promote the IET products and services in an appropriate manner to all suitable members and customers;
- To positively embrace the opportunity to provide cover and support to other teams within the department;
- To share knowledge and assist with cross training across teams within the department where required. To work closely with your Team Manager and other Team Managers across the department to optimise staff resources and knowledge;
- To actively participate in your personal staff appraisals and career development plans and to positively embrace feedback;
- To proactively keep aware of changes and developments throughout the IET in order to offer a fully up to date and informed response to enquiries;
- To travel occasionally within UK and Europe and undertake face-to-face customer service tasks;
- To undertake any other duties and projects at the request of the Line Manager or Director;
- To be familiar with the Health and Safety and Fire policies for the company and to attend mandatory updates where required.
- Educated to GCSE level, or equivalent, including Mathematics and English to GCSE Grade C or above;
- Experience in a finance environment;
- Good numerical skills;
- Excellent communicator;
- Good organisational skills;
- Ability to prioritise own workload and maintain strict deadlines;
- Smart appearance and a professional manner;
- Accuracy and an excellent eye for details;
- Responsible, with a mature attitude, honest and trustworthy to deal with confidential information;
- Must be a good team player;
- Good keyboard skills to ensure data is logged accurately;
- Knowledge of MS Office - familiar with Word, Access, Excel and Outlook and the ability to adapt to bespoke management systems.
• A Basic Disclosure check which will be conducted at the start of employment and then every two years.