Marketing Executive - Publishing
Working within the Publishing Marketing team with a focus on a particular allocated product area, the post holder is responsible for working with product owners to support and assume some responsibility for the implementation of marketing campaigns and projects for IET publishing products.
Reports to: Marketing Campaign Manager, Academic Publishing
Accountable to: Marketing Manager, Publishing
Hours: 35 exclusive of meal breaks, exclusive of meal breaks
Location: Michael Faraday House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage, Herts
Working within the Publishing Marketing team with a focus on a particular allocated product area, the post holder is responsible for working with product owners to support and assume some responsibility for the implementation of marketing campaigns and projects for IET publishing products. The aim of this role is to support the marketing team to maximize revenue and profit for the IET’s publishing portfolio.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (not necessarily in priority order)
- Support the Marketing Campaign Manager for Academic publishing and ultimately take responsibility for the production of materials and activities with a full marketing mix across a range of campaigns, on and off-line;
- Design, collation, production and mailing of key catalogues each year;
- To write, produce and proofread promotional material;
- Briefing/liaising with designers, printers and other external suppliers;
- Implementation and ongoing development of regular newsletter updates;
- Analyse email campaigns in order to improve response rates and outcomes;
- Co-ordinating the design, delivery and shipping of conference marketing material (banner stands, flyers, other marketing materials);
- Attend exhibitions and assist with manning the IET stand at various shows and conferences when required;
- Provide marketing support to other Marketing areas within the IET when required;
- To liaise with other departments within the IET (press office, Technical & Professional Networks) and external organisations in promoting IET products and seeking cross-marketing opportunities;
- To undertake any other duties and projects as requested by the line manager;
- To comply with data protection legislation and act responsibly on matters of data disclosure both internally and to third parties;
- To be familiar with the Health and Safety and Fire policies for the company and to attend mandatory updates where required.
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and may change in line with the needs of the service or at the request of the line manager.
- Demonstrable marketing experience, preferably gained in an academic or business publishing environment with experience of digital and direct marketing;
- The ideal candidate must be highly organised, motivated and confident. You will also have proven ability to work accurately and quickly without supervision; to prioritise and manage a challenging workload and to work on your own initiative;
- Creative flair, attention to detail, with excellent copywriting and proofreading skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
- First class written and verbal communication skills;
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent;
- Willingness to undertake occasional travel.