To carry out assigned editorial duties on the IET Research journals.
Reports to: Publisher
Accountable to: Publisher
Hours: 35 hours per week, exclusive of meal breaks, plus as many as required to fulfil the needs of the post
Location: Michael Faraday House, Six Hills, Way, Stevenage
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist the Publisher-Journals with the development of the IET Journal portfolio.
- Day to day development responsibility of an assigned number of journals.
- Support Publisher - Journals with new launches and acquisitions.
- Coordinating and organizing Editorial Board meetings and ensuring that action points are followed up on.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with academic Editors and Editorial Boards. Provide administrative support to the Publisher-Journals to ensure efficient management of all research journal Editorial Boards.
- Act as key liaison with the team of Editorial & Production Assistants to ensure that the Editorial Board details in the database and the journal web pages are up to date; issuing contracts for newly appointed Board members, filing and archiving of contracts.
- Ensure that journals are promoted through all relevant strategies.
- Represent the company at scientific conferences when required.
- Running reports on Manuscript Central and collating journal performance statistics.
- Research and running citation reports on Web of Science.
- To work with the wider journals team to ensure that the editorial workflow is operating at maximum efficiency.
- Solid experience in managing a list of STM journals
- Degree or equivalent (ideally in scientific or engineering discipline)Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, and strong customer focus
- Proven knowledge of publishing process and related matters
- Excellent time management skills; must demonstrate ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Tact and diplomacy
- An attitude that actively seeks continuous self-development and ways of doing things better. Must participate voluntarily and be able to work at a sustained, fast pace with minimum supervision
- A high degree of literacy and numeracy, plus experience of using computers for email, internet research, information retrieval, file manipulation and word processing