International Accreditation Coordinator (FTC - 1 Year)
The International Accreditation Coordinator is responsible for establishing, leading and implementing an international academic accreditation process for the IET. This will require liaising with international academic contacts as well as the UK-based Academic Accreditation Committee. They will also be required to identify new international areas for the IET to target accreditation and advise the Academic Accreditation Manager regarding strategic planning in this area.
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Reports to: Academic Accreditation Manager
Accountable to: Academic Accreditation Manager
Hours: 35 hours per week, exclusive of meal breaks, plus as many as required to fulfill the needs of the post
Location: Michael Faraday House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage
Main duties and responsibilities (Not necessarily in priority order)
- To advise the Academic Accreditation Manager in relation to setting the strategic direction of the international academic accreditation activities in line with IET strategy and with the goal of delivering a world class accreditation service;
- To ensure successful implementation of international academic accreditation operations ensuring efficient and fit for purpose procedures are in place and utilised;
- To identify new areas for potential international academic accreditation and advise the Academic Accreditation Manager regarding the resources required to operate in them;
- To ensure Departments of international HEIs are provided with timely and appropriate guidance and advice as they prepare for accreditation and are kept up to date with changes to policy as they occur;
- To arrange all international accreditation visits including logistics for accreditors such as travel/VISAs etc;
- To recruit, train and support accreditors for international accreditation activities;
- To undertake international travel for accreditation visits several times per year;
- To keep up to date and advise the Academic Accreditation Team regarding developments with international accreditation agreements within the Engineering sector;
- To promote IET accreditation internationally including seeking out third party conferences events etc. from which the IET could benefit;
- To liaise with Engineering Council in relation to international activity to ensure the IET is maintaining best practice and in line with regulatory requirements;
- To provide support and advice to the Academic Accreditation Manager;
- To undertake any other duties and projects at the request of the line manager;
- To comply with data protection legislation and act responsibly on matters of data disclosure both internally and to third parties;
- To be familiar with the Health and Safety and Fire policies for the organisation and to attend mandatory updates where required.
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent;
- Experience of managing complex administrative procedures using IT applications;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to lead projects, motivate others and meet stringent deadlines;
- Ability to influence and negotiate internally and externally;
- Good team-working skills.
The successful candidate would be expected to meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Knowledge of the Higher Education sector internationally;
- Experience of the Higher Education sector in the UK, particularly with regards UK-SPEC;
- Experience of Accreditation or Quality Assurance procedures;
- Experience of working in Engineering or Technology.