Head of Product Solutions
To plan and direct all technology related aspects of the IET’s product and content development projects.
Reports to: Head of IT & Digital Services
Accountable To: Head of IT & Digital Services
Hours: 35 hours per week, exclusive of meal breaks, plus as many as required to fulfil the needs of the post
Location: Michael Faraday House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads department, including development team, Solution and Information System architects;
- Forms a key part of the technology management team, working closely and collaboratively with colleagues;
- Provides technical leadership to the business in progressing its digital ambitions – choosing platforms, ensuring execution, putting processes in place and managing ongoing operations;
- Ensures that prioritisation of work is explicit and well communicated across all stakeholders;
- Effectively manage budgetary and people resource with regard to priorities and commercial opportunities and report on these monthly or as required;
- Establishment of standard project and analysis procedures and best practices, monitoring and adjustment of these;
- Undertake any other duties and projects at the request of the Line Manager;
- Comply with data protection legislation and act responsibly on matters of data disclosure both internally and to third parties;
- Keep up to date on Health and Safety and Fire policies for the organisation and to attend mandatory updates where required.
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and may change in line with the needs of the service or at the request of the line manager.
- Experience of working in a publishing product development environment;
- Strong technical knowledge of digital product and publishing technologies;
- Experience of undertaking a Business Partner approach;
- Encourages colleagues and subordinates to improve effectiveness and achieve objectives and targets;
- Handles difficult situations confidently and removes restrictions to communication;
- Seeks customer feedback to enable setting of high standards;
- Responds to market pressures, ensuring value for money;
- Promotes inter-departmental relations, actively pulling together to deliver business objectives;
- Is able to influence others to the benefits of proposed changes both within the organisation;
- Puts real effort into building strong, positive relationships with colleagues and the team seeking the views and input from team on any changes that affect them and maintaining an effective relationship between the team and other areas;
- Weighs up risks when analysing complex problems;
- Encourages subordinates to support development initiatives, acting as a role model and mentor;
- Experience of implementing major change by obtaining prior commitment from team;
- Provides opportunities for others to assume responsibility;
- Graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of business change methods and techniques;
- Experience of setting up and managing outsourced IT services.