To assist in maintaining an effective service for the processing of all Fellowship applications and associated work within the department.
Reports to: Manager, Fellowship (Registration & Standards)
Accountable to: Manager of Registration & Standards
Hours: 35 hrs, excluding lunch breaks
Salary/Band: Band A
Main Duties and Responsibilities (not necessarily in priority order)
To be responsible for:
- Receiving and opening of all Fellow applications;
- Responsible for scanning and recording such applications;
- Checking of such applications, requesting of additional information, as required, in accordance with standard Fellowship criteria and processes;
- Acknowledging and requesting of payments, as required;
- Process all payments, in accordance with PCI DSS guidelines;
- To use Darwin and related spread sheets to search for applicants, access information and update application details, as required;
- Updating of departmental spread sheet, as required;
- Prepare working application file for office use;
- Dealing with phone queries as appropriate;
- Good customer service skills, ensuring that all enquiries are answered promptly or forwarded as appropriate;
- Ensuring accurate data capture;
- Updating of relevant spread sheet (Data Capture) for conversion;
- Use of Darwin system to search, access and update all information in a timely manner;
- To provide support to the Fellowship department as required;
- Handling of all enquiries via the Fellowship email box;
- To undertake any other duties and projects at the request of the line manager;
- To be familiar with Health, Safety and Fire policies for the organisation and to attend mandatory updates where required.
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and may change in line with the needs of the service or at the request of the line manager.
- Ability to communicate well, verbally and in writing;
- Good numeracy skills;
- Good IT skills;
- Good customer services awareness;
- Accurate data entry skills;
- Proactive team member with the ability to learn work of the team and understand the impact on other teams;
- Able to prioritise own workload and meet tight deadlines;
- Basic CRB check required to process payments via PDQ machine.
- Knowledge of processes and time management;
- 40+ words per minute typing skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Mail Merge.